Outdoor Kids Class Instructor
If you care deeply about early childhood learning, getting kids outdoors, and making a real difference, read on! Tinkergarten is making outdoor learning possible for families everywhere. We are looking for exceptional individuals to lead our wildly fun outdoor classes for children ages 1 to 8. In Tinkergarten classes, kids develop essential life and learning skills, and grown ups learn how to support that playful learning at home.
Nearly a decade in the making, Tinkergarten has reached over 450,000 kids and their families across the US. A social impact company founded by education and tech industry vets, we use technology to enable talented individuals nationwide to lead Tinkergarten classes in their local greenspaces. We’re on a mission to improve lives and get a new generation hooked on nature. We’re adding new Leaders each season — join us!
Benefits of being a Tinkergarten Leader
- In-depth training: all Tinkergarten Leaders receive immersive, live and self-led, online training from our team of experts.
- Ongoing support: Power in Teamwork is one of our core values. As a Leader, you’ll receive ongoing support from our central team and local teammates.
- Flexibility: Set your own schedule, location, and frequency of classes to fit you and your community’s needs.
- Bring your kids to work! Tinkergarten Leaders who are also parents can bring their own kid(s) to class, so you can support your own children’s learning while helping others do the same.
- Joy: More than anything, Tinkergarten is full of joy, wonder and fun.
What it takes
- You are energetic, motivated and love working with children and their grown-ups.
- You have a passion for the outdoors, and are eager to spark that passion in others.
- You are a lifelong learner.
- You are a strong communicator, adept at motivating and connecting others.
- You are adaptable and eager to embrace the ever-changing nature of an outdoor classroom.
- You are a team player who can really get behind our mission and core values.