Remote, United States
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
We are looking for an exceptional Paralegal with a diversity of legal experience to join our dynamic legal and compliance team.
What You’ll Do
Assist Corporate Counsel with contract review and a wide variety of legal and business issues, including, without limitation, complaint resolution, litigation support, employment law matters, legal research, and participation in special projects.
- Partner with Procurement Team and legal team members on contract review escalations
- Facilitate the resolution of complaints that have been elevated to the legal department by various internal departments
- Provide litigation support to Corporate Counsel, including by collecting relevant documentation, supporting the preparation of discovery responses and other pleadings, and developing litigation metrics
- Assist with both proactive advice and counsel and dispute resolution stemming from employment matters for an ever-growing employee population located across the country
- Conduct legal and regulatory research and investigation as needed
- Participate in projects and special assignments at the direction of Corporate Counsel
What We’re Looking For
- Communication: Able to provide clear communication both within the internal team and to colleagues throughout the business (what we are doing, why, potential impacts, etc.)
- Urgency: Inclination and ability to accomplish goals and meet or beat deadlines
- Detail-Orientated: Able to quickly identify important details and point out issues
- Curiosity: A questioning mind
- Commitment, Flexibility and Adaptability: A willingness to truly understand and adjust and re-prioritize based in response to a complex and rapidly-evolving business.
- Proactive, Persistent: The desire to take the initiative without necessarily being told what to do and how to do it; the tenacity to get it done.
- Work Ethic and Efficiency: A willingness to work hard, and the ability to work smart.
- Teamwork and Enthusiasm: Collaborative, passionate and positive, even when faced with skepticism or adversity
- 3+ year(s) related professional experience.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in the law.
Good to Have
- A certificate in paralegal studies
- Experience in basic legal research
- Experience working in an “in house” environment (working in the technology industry, even better)
- Proficiency with basic legal research
- Working knowledge of the U.S. legal system
- Experience with G-Suite, Salesforce, Westlaw, Workday, Zoom, Slack
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.