Location: Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Join Axon and be a Force for Good.At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
*Axon requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. Your Impact
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, assist dynamic in-house legal team with various issues relating to our TASER energy weapons, including legal research, risk management, product development, training, medical testing, government affairs, marketing and public relations. Also assist with labor and employment matters, including internal investigations.
What You’ll Do
Location: Scottsdale, AZ or US Remote
Reports to: Senior Director, Legal Counsel
- Coordinate and assist with projects associated with TASER energy weapon product development, risk management, training, medical testing, government affairs, marketing and public relations
- Provide administrative support to Science & Medical Advisory Board
- Conduct internal interviews and investigations
- Investigate facts and search pertinent public records and online sources
- Provide case management assistance and litigation tracking/docketing for employment claims
- Schedule meetings, interviews and depositions
- Create, review and maintain document indexes, charts, and summaries
- Manage additional administrative tasks as assigned
What You Bring
- Microsoft Office, Quip, Outlook, Slack, Voxer, Sharepoint and other tools
- Electronic filing in TurboCourt and CM/ECF court systems
- Experience with iManage and Exterro a plus
- Required minimum: Associate’s degree
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate
- 3-5 years’ experience in a law firm, governmental agency or corporate environment
- Strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and as part of team
- Responsible, organized, and detail-oriented
- Good proofreading, grammar and editing skills
- Strong ability to use judgment and discretion in solving problems and making decisions within company policy and guidelines
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, prioritize, follow through, and follow up
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.