Location: US Location
At Morgan & Morgan, the work we do matters. For millions of Americans, we’re their last line of defense against insurance companies, large corporations or defective goods. From attorneys to client support staff, creative marketing to operations teams, every member of our firm has a key role to play in the winning fight for consumer rights. Our over 3,000 employees are all united by one mission: For the People.
We are seeking an experienced Paralegal to join our team. As a Paralegal you will work closely with our talented attorneys providing support before, during and after trials.
- Prepare legal documents including pleadings, motions, affidavits, complaints, legal memoranda
- E-file all court documents in state and federal court
- Communications with clients, court, counsel, and others
- Conduct legal research and factual investigation
- Prepare discovery documents, interrogatories, and responses
- Draft and server summons
- Coordinate and summarize depositions
- Prepare trial binders and exhibits
- Drafting pleadings, motions and appellate documents and filing them with the court
- Performing administrative duties (calendar hearings and deadlines, organize case files, manage logistics)
- Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs, and appendices
- Aid attorney with interrogatories and other discovery requests
- Gather relevant information from a variety of sources
- Liaise between trial teams and internal/external third parties
- Witness preparation
- Assisting with case settlements
- Other tasks as requested by the attorney
- Associate degree, certificate, or equivalent work experience (preferred)
- 2+ years of litigation experience (required)
- Completion of a nationally accredited paralegal program (preferred)
- Experience in Personal Injury, Workers Compensation, Premises Liability, or other injury related practice areas. (preferred)
- Must possess the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage workload with a positive attitude and minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficient in calendaring depositions, mediations, and hearings
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules, and procedures, practices, etc
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Extensive computer and database expertise; Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and type no less than 35 wpm
- Ability to work remotely and support your team
Morgan & Morgan is a leading personal injury law firm dedicated to protecting the people, not the powerful. This success starts with our staff. For full-time employees, we offer an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan & Morgan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the I-9 Form.