Paralegal – Fully Remote – Work From Anywhere
Americas – Remote
Who we are
Remote work is one of the great equalizers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live. Omnipresent does just that.
We are a customer-focused global employment services partner that can help companies grow their teams in 155 countries and territories around the world. How do we do that? Well, through our SaaS platform, OmniPlatform. We help companies (big or small) deal with the complexities involved with hiring global teams remotely, by managing employee onboarding through to offboarding, including legal and compliance, payroll, expenses, and health and benefits.
We also practice what we preach! We are a fully remote company which means we have no head office. Our team of more than 300 people is located in more than 45 countries and territories around the world. This means you can work from anywhere. We provide benefits and support in any global location just as we would for our clients and their remote teams. Our company has a flat structure which means accountability and taking initiative towards your everyday tasks that help further our ambitious company goals.
At a time when remote work is exploding, we’re growing our team to help make global remote work a reality for people everywhere.
Read more about Life at Omnipresent here
At Omnipresent, you will join our legal team and offer support and guidance to the business and to our customers. This role is 100% operational and suited to a junior hire who may have no legal experience yet but wants to! It’s a unique opportunity to get fast-tracked global experience and it will give you organization, research, communication and collaboration skills! You will gain experience in multiple areas of the law including employment law and corporate law. This is a high pressure, fast paced role where you will be required to work on loads of small projects at any one time, and expected to respond to queries quickly. You will have the opportunity to play a pivotal part in our service delivery, will work with and support multiple teams across the business and gain insight into the legalities of global remote working.
Hold a bachelor’s degree in the arts and humanities
Have a good academic record
Have excellent writing, communication, and project management skills
Have excellent organization skills
Enthusiastic and passionate about your work
Have good research and analysis skills
These would be a huge bonus
A University Law Degree (Bachelors or Masters)
Experience in a startup or SME
Interested in technology, innovation, and automation
You are the sort of person that:
Is willing to learn, be mentored and trained
Is willing to take on challenges and complex tasks
Has good communication skills and can work well in a team
Is able to receive negative feedback without taking it personally
Is good at supporting their team
Enjoys doing extensive research on complex topics
What’s in it for you?
- Shared ownership: Being a part of our journey means you’ll own a piece of Omnipresent.
- Annual vacation entitlement: We have a flexible leave policy – you may take as much holiday as you like, so long as it is agreed with your manager. As a guidance, we expect people to take at least 33 days per year, including public holidays (or your region’s minimum, if greater).
- Company retreats: We have an annual company-wide retreats, and well as socials and other team building activities.
- Flexible working: Work from anywhere in the world! We don’t care where or when you work, as long as the job gets done. We are genuinely as flexible as the work allows.
- Development: Training, coaching, and an environment that promotes career ambition and progression.
- Work environment: Whilst we are fully remote, we offer all employees access to co-working spaces wherever they live in a flexible manner so that you use what you need.
- Parental leave: For employees that have been with us for 12 months by their due date, we offer 6 months of fully paid parental leave for the primary caregiver, followed by statutory for your region. Secondary caregivers that have been with us for 12 months are entitled to 8 weeks fully paid parental leave.
- Wellbeing: Mental health and wellbeing support and services through Plumm
- Home office setup: It should go without saying that we will provide you with the equipment you need to work from home in the same way you would if you were in an office. We will provide you with the home office equipment you need to enable you to work effectively wherever you are, including covering internet costs.
- Education budget: Your development should be a continuous conversation with your manager and they will support you in choosing what you need whether that’s accreditations, workshops, or formal degree programs or courses.
- Additional benefits: we offer additional benefits that vary from region to region, such as medical, life insurance, pension/retirement funds and more – please ask your Talent Partner when you speak with us!
We believe remote working is a great equalizer and we practice what we preach. Inclusivity is fundamental to our mission and we are committed to conscious inclusion. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.