Paralegal, Equity Administrator
WE ARE VERITONE
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from in to on to out of the loop to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced paralegal to be a critical member of the Legal team, providing support on all corporate, legal administration and equity administration matters. Reporting to the Vice President, Deputy General Counsel, you will be responsible for assisting in all corporate matters, including securities, M&A and commercial licensing, as well as directly partnering with the HR and Finance teams to execute on all equity administration matters across Veritone, including stock plan and ESPP administration, equity issuances and M&A transactions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- General paralegal duties in support legal department functions across all corporate and commercial matters
- Contract administration
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the Company’s equity administration programs, including stock plan administration, ESPP administration, M&A activity and related matters
- Oversee administration of contract management system (including automated contract generation, workflow tracking, contract monitoring, central contracts repository)
- Support other legal functions and corporate requirements, as needed, including corporate governance, compliance, securities and corporate development support
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 7+ years’ experience working as a paralegal focused on corporate matters and equity/stock plan administration
- Equity administration experience required
- M&A, securities and general corporate experience preferred
- Public company experience preferred
- Big Law experience a plus
- Proficient in Word, PPT, Excel, Salesforce, with ability to grasp other software applications and platforms required to do job performance
WHO YOU ARE
- A self-starter who requires little to no supervision
- A problem solver willing to engage creatively to solve complex problems
- A multitasker who can handle multiple assignments at once, meet deadlines in a timely manner and achieve project goals in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superlative organizational and prioritization skills
- Collaborative and a team player
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work environment where you will be empowered to be successful
- Remote first workplace
- A competitive compensation package
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Best-in-class benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, 401K plan and ESPP.
- Be part of a team in which your training, improvement and career development are integral to our success
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
- Loves learning & continuous growth; stays current on marketing trends
- Can juggle multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with a positive attitude
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, small company environment
- Collaborative and always contributing value
- Driven to win as a team
- Check us out! https://vimeo.com/339909527
Veritone is a leading provider of artificial intelligence (AI) technology and solutions. The company’s proprietary operating system, aiWARE, orchestrates an expanding ecosystem of machine learning models to transform audio, video and other data sources into actionable intelligence. We love to continuously grow while staying ahead of trends and creating structure in an unstructured world.
If you’ve made it this far and align with our goals, we look forward to reviewing your qualifications!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
(Colorado Only*): Minimum annual salary of $80,000.00. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only and will be determined based on skills and experience comparable to the job requirements. This position may be eligible for additional compensation and benefits including but not limited to: incentive compensation; health benefits; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off; parental leave and benefits; and other employee perks and benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.