Paralegal / Legal Assistant (Remote Role)
OLAPLEX, Inc. (Nasdaq: OLPX) is an innovative, science-enabled, technology-driven beauty company. We are founded on the principle of delivering effective, patent-protected and proven performance in the categories where we compete. We strive to empower our consumers to look as beautiful on the outside as they feel on the inside. We believe every person deserves to have healthy, beautiful hair, whether they are visiting a salon or caring for their hair at home.
OLAPLEX has been able to achieve phenomenal growth and we continuously seek exceptionally talented individuals who can support our innovation and creativity. We currently operate in a fully remote environment; because of this, collaboration and flexibility are at the core of our commitment to each other and to the success of OLAPLEX.
This position will closely support and work in a collaborative manner with the General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel, Senior Counsel of Intellectual Property and other professionals in the legal department in a wide variety of legal and administrative duties. This position requires an intelligent, self-motivated and versatile individual with high-level administrative and paralegal skills, who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The desire to be part of a close-knit team that is dedicated to excellence is a must.
Core responsibilities – about the role
- Closely assist attorneys with circulation, organization, scheduling and execution on a wide range of transactional, contract, and litigation matters.
- Support contract administration, inclusive of approval, execution and filing.
- Draft basic contracts and correspondence.
- Assist with SEC filings, NASDAQ reporting, corporate filings, proxy statement drafting, corporate governance matters and Board of Directors support.
- Ensure all legal records are effectively organized.
- Assist attorneys with management of litigation matters, including interaction with outside counsel and discovery responses.
- Review, digest, and extract critical deadlines, case information, and other pertinent information from emails, correspondence, and other documents for entry into a database and run complex queries to generate and format reports as requested by legal team or internal clients.
- Conducts internet research in support of intellectual property clearance, filing, and enforcement matters.
- Perform administrative duties as needed, including processing invoices, expense reports, scheduling, drafting, typing, printing, mailing, calendaring, coordinating travel and other clerical matters.
- Interact with internal clients and outside counsel as needed by legal team.
- Research, gather and compile information as requested.
- Complete research and special projects as needed.
Qualifications – about you
- Experience working in a law firm or corporate legal department.
- Publicly traded company experience preferred.
- Paralegal experience and certificate helpful but not required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience.
- Equivalent combination of experience and education is acceptable.
- Prior trademark or intellectual property experience is a plus. Specifically, experience with maintaining the accuracy and completeness of intellectual property files and an intellectual property docket.
- Prior experience with BoardVantage, Diligent or a similar board portal and Workiva is necessary.
- Proficiency with Word, Tracked Changes, Excel (including generating charts and graphs), PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace (including managing and maneuvering through files in Google Drive, operating within G-mail and Google calendars) and DocuSign.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Dedication to performing excellent work.
- Ability to work with varied internal clients with differing needs.
- Ability to thrive in a remote environment.
- Proficient knowledge of legal processes and terminology.
- Detailed oriented individual with proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects concurrently and within projected deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information using excellent discretion and judgment.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to accept new responsibilities in a fast-paced, multi-project environment.
- A trust in and commitment to OLAPLEX’s vision and mission.
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated ability to deliver quality client service.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with clients, attorneys, and other support staff.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and oral instructions.
Our Total Rewards
- Work/Life Balance: remote work environment, paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules.
- Wellness: medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees in addition to short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance; dependent care flexible spending account company match
- Financial Well-being: Roth and 401k plans; 401k match of 50% up to the first 6%
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program: Career development is as important to us as we know it is to you!
- Culture: our team has an “attitude of gratitude” and a shared passion for our brand. Join our culture committee and/or DE&I champion team to play a role in building and sustain our “secret sauce.”
- Recognition: we celebrate our peers and colleagues with our monthly ‘Hero Recognition and Awards’ program. Make a difference as a ‘Bond Builder’ and/or ‘Commendable Creative!’
- Products: Twenty (20) free products per year, plus a friends and family discount.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At Olaplex, we support and stand up for our community with our talent, content, messages, and product offering. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a company, unifies our shared commitment to ‘do well and do good’. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a stronger and more creative work environment.
OLAPLEX is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.