Patient Advocate – Weekends and Evenings
CARE – CLINICAL
GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $35 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role:
We are hiring a Patient Advocate to provide support to GoodRx Care patients and the medical providers that serve them. This full-time role is specifically dedicated to weekend and weekday evening hours (2:00pm – 11:00pm Pacific Time), with Saturday and Sunday evening availability required. Our team of Patient Advocates are often the first and last interaction our patients will have with Care — and are critical to our mission of delivering affordable and convenient healthcare.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with patient support questions and needs online and via phone.
- Assist in placing lab orders, following up with pharmacies, communicating with medical providers, and other support admin tasks.
- Coordinate, and escalate, issues with account management, shipments, and billing.
- Coordinate, report, and escalate platform issues to our technical teams.
- Work closely with clinical and patient teams to ensure tasks are properly tracked, triaged, and completed.
- Confidently work within the telemedicine platform (EMR) for patient and clinical assistance.
- Always advocate for the patient and look for opportunities to improve the care experience.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A college degree is ideal, but not required with comparable experience.
- At least one (1) year of experience in customer/patient support, ideally in a healthcare setting.
- Experience communicating with medical providers is a plus.
- Independent and consistent, with excellent follow through.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Confidence using technology.
- Ability to confidently speak to patients and pharmacies on the phone.
- Saturday and Sunday evening availability required
- (Sample Schedule: Saturday – Wednesday, 2:00pm – 11:00pm Pacific Time).
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible work location and schedule/time off policy
- Domestic partner benefits coverage
- Supportive and positive team
- A commitment to a diverse and inclusive environment
GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $35 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores.