Title: Patient Scheduler II – Remote – Part-Time
Location: United States
Essentia Health is seeking a Patient Scheduler II to handle incoming calls and online requests from patients while recording, evaluating, and managing patient needs, and communicating with the nursing staff when necessary. You will serve as initial point of contact for patients seeking medical assistance for Essentia Health clinics and departments.
This is a complex, high call volume, patient contact clinical service position, which provides a wide range of services oriented toward gathering patient information, both clinical and insurance/guarantor, and coordinating the scheduling of services for patients including ancillary and procedure scheduling, with an emphasis on excellent customer service.
Exhibits and promotes a full understanding of customer service philosophy, stressing the importance of making a positive impact upon customers. Must keep current with clinical, provider, and scheduling information pertaining to the departments served.
- Accurately scheduling a wide range of patient appointment types, including procedures, for numerous Essentia departments and clinics.
- Full pre-registration of all patients calling to schedule an appointment, including updating of guarantor information and verification of insurance eligibility.
- Proficiently and accurately entering data in the permanent Electronic Health Record while talking with the patient.
- Support of direct marketing campaigns by adhering to specific data gathering and scheduling guidelines related to each individual campaign.
Clinical scheduling or Contact Center experience preferred. Strong, accurate keyboarding and verbal communication required.
Ability to work remotely required.
Candidates for remote work will need to have an Internet connection that meets the following minimum standards:
- Download Speed 10 Mbps
- Upload Speed 3 Mbps
- Ping – Latency Best < 50 Milliseconds
- Acceptable < 75 Milliseconds
- Not Acceptable > 90 Milliseconds