Title: Payment Operations Manager
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Payments are at the core of Gusto’s business. The Payment Operations Team ensures that the payments infrastructure at Gusto is operating efficiently and money is moving when expected. Payment Operations oversee the end to end lifecycle of money movements. This includes payment origination, exception monitoring and processing, reconciliation, and reporting.
We are a small, close, fun group that works hard and laughs a lot. No egos here we collaborate and help each other out in a positive environment.
What You’ll Do
- Empower a small number of remote Gusties, 1-3, within your first 12 months on the team
- Foster a culture of engagement so Gusties connect with priorities, feel empowered to do their best work, and develop their careers within the organization
- Develop a strong understanding of the payment transaction lifecycle; from payment partners, internal systems, automated and manual processes, and their reporting
- Monitor our control checks, processing statuses and ticketing queues that encompass the daily operational execution that is expected of the team
- Establish and drive continual improvement initiatives that result in an efficient, lean operations IC team during periods of growth
- Partner with existing people empowerer (PE) to elevate team member learning experiences, on-boarding, training, standard operating procedures, knowledge base articles and enhanced reporting metrics
- Identify, triage, and assist with solutioning of payment related incidents with cross functional and external partners.
- Build relationships with Risk, Customer Experience and Tax Teams to establish new internal processes to reduce customer friction – both internal and external – increasing customer love.
- Support the Payment Operations project team on implementations and new product launches
Who You Are
- Culture carrier who puts the collective success of others ahead of themselves.
- Curious, driven, focused, and detail-oriented. Able to influence without authority. Relentless in driving to closure and building strong relationships.
- Analytical thinker, ability to map connections by looking for background information or by comparing practical examples.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Bonus: experience working in the payments industry or financial services
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $82,000 – $102,000 for most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home with us.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Our company considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.