Location: Within Europe; 100% Remote
Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times! Today, with over 27 million users and 200,000 five-star reviews, komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular app for finding, planning, and sharing adventures worldwide.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
Komoot currently employs over 100 team members working remotely across Europe, and we’ve big plans for 2022: We want to grow our team by more than 50%! To support this, we are looking for our first Payroll and Benefits Manager to join the People & Organisation Team. As a Payroll and Benefits Manager you will be responsible for overseeing, managing and administering our employees’ rewards, perks and benefits in all the 13+ European countries we currently employ in.
You will conduct frequent external market analyses and partner closely with the P&O director to design innovative and compelling total rewards packages to attract, motivate, and retain the brightest talent, ensuring internal equity and external competitiveness. You will collaborate with our local payroll providers, investigate and resolve payroll issues, and guarantee compliance with company and regulatory standards. In this role, you will drive the evolution of our benefit proposition in close partnership with our leadership team, recruiting team, and finance, so that each employee can focus on our mission: Changing the way people explore the outdoors and making it accessible to everyone.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
Payroll Management and Processing
- Partner with local payroll providers to process monthly payroll in the 14+ different countries
- Make recommendations on local benefits.
- Process taxes and payment of employee benefits.
- Ensure compliance with labor, income, and social security laws in each country.
Benefits Program Design and Administration
- In partnership with the Director of People & Organization, help build and design komoot’s total rewards, benefits, and commission payment strategies, and manage their successful implementation.
- Partner with the Finance Team to manage and evaluate the cost of all benefits programs to optimize our global benefit plans’ cost and performance.
- Support the delivery of critical people operations processes e.g. relocations (global mobility services), unemployment claims, offboarding, and job information changes including compensation, promotions, and transfers.
- Manage day-to-day benefits-related needs such as education of employees, and enrollment support for new hires.
- Review employees’ escalated claims issues, resolve discrepancies, identify root causes and help design long-term solutions.
- Lead all internal training, communication, and employee education on current and changing payroll and benefits programs.
- Drive salary calibration processes, annual salary planning, merit increases process, benefits renewal, and other incentive programs to ensure alignment with the company’s goals.
- Conduct audits of data/invoices to ensure processes and policies are managed accurately and effectively.
Employee Data Integrity
- Responsible for HRIS content and database, as well as accurate payroll records.
- Take full ownership of team member documentation including contracts, amendments, and all other items pertinent to the team member lifecycle (promotions, terminations, etc.).
- Document, implement and work to improve upon processes, procedures, and programs relating to the team member lifecycle – conducting regular reviews around optimization and scalability.
- Help us choose our next Human Resources Information System
Why you will love it
- You’ll have a self-determined job with personal responsibility to move things forward, make impact, shape processes, and choose the tools you need to do your best work.
- You’ll work with a truly inspiring product that brings real-life value to our users and empowers them to explore more of the great outdoors.
- You’ll join an international, fully remote team spread across the whole of Europe.
- Work from anywhere you want (UTC-1 and UTC+3 time zone). Will it be the beach, the mountains, your home, or a co-working space in a busy city centre? You choose!
- You’ll travel with us (when safe) to team gatherings in amazing locations several times a year. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote. (http://bit.ly/39xtIrn)
You will be successful in this position if you
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with European compensation, equity, benefits processing and management, as well as commission payments setup.
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and a track record for planning, doing, and auditing work. Highly detail-driven with emphasis on accuracy, coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.
- Working knowledge of European legislation
- Trustworthy with attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Outstanding organization and ability to prioritize competing priorities.
- Bonus points if you have experience with compensation benchmarking tools
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to communicate across the entire organization.
- Fluent in English
Some of our Perks
- 38 days of vacation (including public holidays in your country of residence)
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on classes, events, conferences, boot camps, or books for your curiosity and personal development, you decide!
- Access to generous discounts from leading outdoor and cycling brands and more.
- Flexible working hours and locations.
- 3 all-expenses-paid company gatherings per year.
- Fully covered togetherness trips with your team.
- Reimbursement for co-working space membership or your work from a home office.
- The latest devices and equipment to do your best work.
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?