People Ops Specialist
at Clipboard Health (View all jobs)
Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
About The Role
The People Ops Specialist will work on a wide variety of tasks and projects that are critical to the success of the People Ops organization. Some of these tasks and projects include being the first touch point for inquiries from our internal team members, provisioning platform access (adding, removing and changing access as needed), auditing people ops processes, measuring the efficacy of current processes and more.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Respond to inquiries from internal team members on various topics, providing quick and quality solutions/advice
- Manage access requests to all company platforms, as well as solely responsible for ensuring all exited team members’ access has been removed on time
- Audit current People Ops processes to ensure 100% compliance by the team, and identify solutions for improving the process
- Ensure 100% data integrity across all platforms, and assist with managing People Ops platforms such as the HRIS system and performance management system
- Manage email groups and groups in other platforms such as Confluence and Slack
- Complete regular security audits of all platforms to ensure there are no individuals with the incorrect access
- Opportunity to assist other members of the People Ops team with miscellaneous projects and tasks as needed
What a Successful 90 Day Review Looks Like
You’ve received a score of 3 for meeting our exceedingly high expectations throughout this review cycle. Here are several things you’ve accomplished in your first 90 days that resulted in this score:
- You ramped up quickly, taking over the management of our internal data systems completely by day 15, created the definition of data integrity and the method of measuring data integrity by day 30, and had completed your first data integrity audit by day 35. From here, you provided the results and expected deliverables to the team, and were able to get all deliverables actioned by day 45, resulting in a data integrity score of 95%.
- You currently maintain a personal average satisfaction rating of 4.5/5 for the quality and timeliness of responses to our internal team members, and have raised the overall feedback participation from an average of 41% to 65% in your first 90 days here.
- Through platform audits that you completed within your first 30 days, there were no instances where an exited team member had not been removed/deactivated from a platform. Additionally, you followed clues in your weekly platform audits that resulted in two process changes to the way we provision platform access.
- You proactively identified at least two security risks through the platform audits and defect hunts you’ve conducted, and have implemented a corresponding SMART plan to address each of them.
- You increased the speed of our team response time to platform access requests by 10%, and used the clues from those access requests to develop at least one WBD that addressed a root problem with our company access.
- You developed a new, scalable system for organizing our groups in Confluence, Gmail and Slack, and created a digital directory that synchronized all this data into one place.
Need to Have Experience:
- At least 2 years experience working in a People Operations (or related) capacity
- Project management experience, specifically being the driver of time-sensitive and confidential projects
- Incredibly organized, detail-oriented, and punctual
- Proficiency with Microsoft and/or Google Drive products like Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets, and Slides/Presentation
- Ability to learn new technology systems quickly
Nice to Have Experience:
- Experience working with employment documents, such as offer letters, consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements, etc.
- Exposure to employment law and general employment best practices
- Experience working cross-culturally and with diverse, global teams
- Experience with US visa programs management
- HR Certification like SPHR or equivalent
- Initiative- When you see an issue, you jump in and fix it. When you don’t know where to start, you lean on your intuition and judgment, and just start somewhere. You work independently to achieve your goals, and pull in other members of the team when you need them. You are resourceful in finding answers and solutions on your own because you recognize that you have an opportunity to build it better.
- Integrity- You do not share the confidential and sensitive information you have access to with others (unless given permission), and you never use that information for your own personal gain. When we make mistakes, we are immediately honest, especially since the mistakes we have the potential to make can have a massive negative impact on the team members we serve.
- Ownership- If we aren’t making mistakes, then we aren’t moving fast enough. Yes, speed means things break and that’s okay, as long as you have a strong sense of ownership and not only raise your hand when you break something (or notice something is broken), but own the outcome of fixing it.
- Judgment- Knowing when you should make the call, and when you should ask for help can be hard, so having good judgment is very critical in the work we do. The idea is that you can never make a bad decision, but more that we reduce the number of bad decisions over time because we recognize the flaws in our thinking, make improvements and don’t repeat the same (or similar) mistakes again.
- First Principles Thinking- We don’t do something because it’s what we have done before, or because some we trust told us it was the right thing to do. We do things because we have looked at the data and it is telling us it is the right thing to do. We aren’t afraid to tear something down and rebuild from scratch because our ability to quickly innovate allows us to deliver value to our team members faster.
Salary and Schedule
- Salary is based on experience and location
- Must be able to work 9 am- 5 pm PST