Principal Network Engineer
Category: Technology, Remote
Reference Number: 227657
Job Type: 1st Shift
As Principal Network Engineer, you will help lead a team of highly-motivated engineers tasked with the planning, implementation and support of the computer networks that enable the organization.
In this position, you will leverage your experience and technical expertise to ensure the stability of Citizens business operations.
The Principal Network Engineer will be responsible for:
- Offering thought leadership to a team of network engineers; ensuring that engineering best-practice is applied; ensuring the quality of work.
- Crafting and managing highly complex secure connectivity solutions to ensure the integrity of Citizens sensitive financial data and mission-critical resources.
- Providing defense-in-depth protection from cyber security threats through the use of firewalls, IDS/IPS, various proxy gateway and other network security devices.
- Collaborating with other engineering and IT teams to plan, develop, execute and support infrastructure and network-related projects; offer thought leadership in regards to network security and management.
- Providing ongoing network support; assisting resolve escalating network-related issues; participate on cross-departmental crisis resolution teams as required.
- Driving root cause analysis, debugging, support, and post-mortem analysis for security incidents and service interruptions
- Participating in internal and external audits and assessments and provide support as appropriate
- Developing and maintaining policies and procedures for network system administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Creating scripts and tools that drive automation and enable product teams and end users to move towards self-service
- 7+ years of working experience in network engineering, systems administration or related field; experience managing engineering and technical employees
- Experience managing engineers or other technical personnel; experience managing infrastructure projects; cross-functional collaboration
- Experience with engineering, planning and developing network solutions
- Experience with anti-virus, anti-spy and other cyber security assets
- Experience with the following vendor firewall platforms (Cisco, PaloAlto, Fortinet, AWS Firewall, AWS Security Group)
- Experience with Central Management platforms (Algosec, Cisco Defense Orchestrator, Firemon)
- Experience with managing a very high volume firewall policy infrastructure utilizing a centralized control platform to identify and mitigate risky policies and to clean up/optimize policies.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience working with Infoblox, Arista Spine/Leaf
- Experience working with SASE Netscope, zScaler
- Experience with observability tools (e.g. Datadog, Prometheus, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Github,Jenkins, Bitbucket, Ansible)
- Thoughtful and thorough in analysis of presented policy information.
- Experience with response to audit requests and establishment of repeatable processes.
- Familiar with the development of change control procedures
- Establishing detailed documentation and diagrams.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Working experience in the financial services industry; understanding of the roles of consumer and custodial banks
- Experience implementing large-scale infrastructure solutions with a proven track record of success
- Microsoft and Cisco coursework and/or certifications
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networks
Education and Certifications
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Required: CCNA, AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
- Preferred: CCNP, GISF, PCNSA, Python, Go Lang