Position Title : Procurement and Logistics Officer
Duty Station : Islamabad, Pakistan
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 01 March 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Aruba (Netherlands); Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Congo (the); Cook Islands; Cuba; Curaçao; Fiji; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Luxembourg; Madagascar; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Working under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and direct supervision of the Head of Resources Management (RM), in close collaboration with Programme Coordinators, Programme Managers in the International Organization for Migration (IOM) Pakistan, as well as the Emergency Support Unit (ESU) of the Department of Resources Management (DRM) at Headquarters (HQ), and the Global Procurement and Supply Unit (GPSU) in the Manila Administrative Centre (MAC), the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for ensuring the appropriate implementation of IOM instructions and procedures governing procurement in the Country Office (CO). The Procurement and Logistics Officer will be responsible and accountable for providing support to ongoing activities with procurement and logistics services of the mission and its Sub-Offices. The Procurement and Logistics Officer will also contribute to providing recommendations aiming at increasing effectiveness and efficiency of procurement management in IOM Pakistan CO, measured by IOM Procurement and Supply Objectives and Goals as follows:
• Best Value Sourcing and Value for Money;
• Availability and Quality Assurance;
• Compliance and Stewardship; and,
• Productivity and Efficiency.
The Logistics & Procurement Unit provides procurement/contracting, facilities management and vehicle fleet management support to the CO.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation of procurement, logistics, facilities maintenance, asset administration, and transport support within established internal control mechanisms.
- Identify transport companies and deploy effective and reliable vehicles for transporting personnel, materials and equipment needed in programme implementation.
- Monitor and update the database of vendor/contractor accreditation and evaluation status to ensure a pool reliable vendors and contractors to address the needs of the CO.
- Contribute to the implementation of permanent procedures for procurement, warehouse operations and asset administration that are compliant to IOM’s general instructions, policies and donor requirements.
- Establish and monitor a tracking system for commodities, supplies, equipment and project assets in various Sub-Offices.
- Assist in providing response capacity to the operational demands of IOM Pakistan.
- Assist the Programme Managers in preparing and issuing the call for proposals and bidding documents for the tendering of the project. Verify the transparency and compliance with the Field Procurement Manual of the bids.
- Train and supervise procurement and logistics assistants in IOM Pakistan ensuring that they conform to established procedures. Assist in producing monthly and regular reports.
- Organize and maintain proper procurement and filing systems. Assist the Head of RM in project-related record keeping.
- Coordinate strategic planning for procurement and logistic needs with the Head of RM.
- Undertake frequent duty travel relating to programme activities, as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics, Procurement or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Certification in Procurement, Logistics or Supply Chain management is an advantage.
• Minimum of four Years’ experience or two years, if Master’s Degree holder, in Procurement and Logistics, or from a related field, at an international level;
• Experience working on complex projects, with a demonstrated record of meeting deadlines;
• Experience in procurement in international and or government process.
• High proficiency in SAP system.
• Knowledge of asset management processes and procedures.
• In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the
• Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
• Knowledge of financial rules and regulations.
• Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Fluency in any local language/s is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes
responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 01 March 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 16.02.2022 to 01.03.2022
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2022 45 Procurement and Logistics Officer (P2) Islamabad, Pakistan (57419102) Released
Posting: Posting NC57419103 (57419103) Released