Are you ready for SAVING LIVES CHANGING LIVES of the world’s most vulnerable people?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Vacancy Number: 152284
Contract type: Fixed Term
Duration: 1 Year, renewable
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Section / Unit: Procurement / Supply Chain
Terms and Conditions: WFP offers competitive benefits package including tax-free salary plus excellent medical insurance and pension scheme
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies, and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to WFP is recognition that ending hunger is a critical first step towards global peace. WFP recognizes that one of the greatest contributions it can make to humanity is to provide a voice to the 690 million hungry people in the world. It gives us a platform to make their needs heard and to mobilize support for the assistance they need.
WFP’s Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific in Bangkok, Thailand oversees operations in 17 countries plus the Pacific, reaching 30 million people with assistance valued at US $3 billion. The portfolio ranges from humanitarian aid in Tajikistan, to school meals in Cambodia and Laos, supporting government social protection schemes in India and Pakistan, climate change adaptation in Nepal and Sri Lanka, nutrition for mothers and children in Bangladesh and Timor Leste, to emergency preparedness in Indonesia and the Pacific.
- Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider procurement policies and WFP standards.
- Support or manage procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes to contributing to successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
- Track and analyse data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
- Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners including suppliers, superintendents, companies, etc to align procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services, for example designing and reviewing training materials.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed goods and services to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other as required.
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business Management and Administration, Legal or other related field. A Master’s degree is preferable.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years (or 3 years for candidates with Master’s degree) of postgraduate professional experience in procurement activities (purchasing, vendor research, etc.), conducting cost analysis, working with vendors or other partners, or other related field.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative, and an ability to think outside of the box;
• Proficiency with MS Excel, Tableau or other data analytics tools;
• Problem-solving attitude, able to structure ambiguous problems and solve them through a mix of quantitative and qualitative analyses;
• Highly numerate, able to rapidly analyse and interpret data;
• Self-motivated and proactive, able to take initiative and work autonomously to achieve objectives;
• Highly developed communication skills, able to use written and verbal mediums to communicate recommendations and influence outcomes;
• Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead and anticipate requirements, problems, and obstacles;
• Ability to juggle competing priorities successfully while working under tight deadlines;
• Effective people skills, able to work both individually and in a team in a multi-cultural environment;
• Fully committed and motivated to achieve the aims of the World Food Programme.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Thai.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Tuesday 16th November 2021, 23:59 hrs Bangkok time.
This vacancy announcement is limited to nationals of Thailand. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings).
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
How to apply
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply through the WFP careers website Click here