Product Counsel, Equity Solutions
Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In three short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors – bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers
Forbes Top 50 Blockchain Companies
Figure Series D Announcement
About the Role
This role will contribute to building out Figure’s innovative equity management solution products. In this role, you will effectively communicate and build relationships cross-functionally, including partnering with Finance, Product, Engineering and Compliance, to tackle new legal questions and reach creative solutions. Our Legal team plays a central role in Figure’s hyper growth and the realization of our mission of leveraging blockchain to transform financial services.
What you’ll do
- Counsel the product team and other stakeholders on legal issues related to Figure’s equity solutions business – including capital table management, investor passport, and primary and secondary capital raises – throughout the product development and implementation lifecycle
- Draft commercial and intellectual property agreements and disclosures affecting the company’s products and services
- Coordinate and collaborate across Figure’s compliance, product, engineering, and business teams relating to product development
- Remain up-to-date on relevant securities and technology laws and regulations to provide an ongoing ability to provide sound compliance advice
What we look for
- 5+ years of combined, relevant experience in law firms, governmental agencies, and/or in-house legal departments
- J.D. and membership with at least one state bar
- Substantial subject matter expertise in securities matters including the Securities Act of 1933, Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Investment Company Act of 1940
- Experience with the regulatory framework surrounding private securities issuance and trading
- Experience with venture backed companies, including assisting with venture raises and cap table management
- Understanding of laws and regulations that apply to financial products and laws relating to the commercialization of technology solutions
- Product counseling experience, including the ability to apply laws and regulations to new products and/or technologies, and the ability to review products and related functionality for compliance with applicable laws
- Self-starter who will take ownership of projects
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage projects effectively
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75% of the time
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries!
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.