Product Design Manager, Advertiser Experience
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life’s not about a job, it’s about purpose. We believe real change starts with a conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we’ll do what’s right (not what’s easy) to serve the public conversation.
Team Description / Who We Are:
The Twitter Design team envisions the products that fuel Twitter’s mission to give everyone the power to create, communicate ideas and share information instantly, without barriers. We have a direct impact on product strategy, roadmaps, and the detailed design of new experiences. We believe in building strong relationships, surpassing expectations, and having fun along the way. As a design leader, you’ll be at the forefront of these efforts!
As part of the Design and Research organization at Twitter, we do our work with a set of 8 principles in mind. It’s our mission to uphold these principles and have them reflected in the experiences we design and build.
- Stand for people: From helping people stay informed to engaging in the public conversation to growing their businesses, always advocate for what is best for the people we serve.
- Live in culture: Be immersed in and inspired by culture and counterculture.
- Set standards & break records: Strive for greatness. Don’t shortchange, shortcut, or settle.
- Work out loud: Share your work and your POV. Create generously. Be transparent.
- Real talk: Give direct, honest, timely feedback that meets people where they are‚Äîand helps them along their professional journey.
- Always be learning: Run toward what you don’t know.
- Own it: Be responsible for your work, and accountable for the impact it has on other teams and those we serve. Bias toward action. Be decisive. Optimize to fail quickly, and iterate.
- Soar: Bias toward action. Be decisive. Optimize to fail quickly, and iterate.
As a Design Manager, you are a design leader that knows how to have an impact on product roadmaps while also driving and inspiring your team towards success. You mentor and bring out the best in your team by creating opportunities, eliminating roadblocks, and inspiring creativity.
You’ll be responsible for managing a high-performing team of designers within the Advertiser Experience team. You’ll have oversight over the key areas of reporting and business management within our Advertiser Experience ‚Äî designing and building world-class advertising tools for businesses, large and small.
You will empower designers across the organization, helping to improve the experience for our customers. You will work closely with product designers, product managers, engineering managers, researchers, and strategists to create experiences that enable businesses to manage their business and successfully promote their products or services to customers in a compelling and relevant way.
Recommended qualifications include:
- 2+ years experience in people management. Proven success in helping to source and grow talent within a large organization. Proven success in delivering strategy and design solutions and enabling your team to do so as well.
- Experience in defining problem spaces, crafting innovative solutions, and inspiring teams to think differently.
- Develop and drive new strategies along with product managers, design leadership, research, and data science.
- Experience leading a high-performing team with a high bar for creativity, craft, and quality, at a high velocity.
- A hunger and appetite to run towards the most ambiguous and challenging problems and are inspired to approach them from all angles. Strong proponent of being generative and iterative in your approach and are open to being wrong and pivoting when necessary.
- Ability to lead broad initiatives, encourage diverse perspectives, and build alignment with cross-functional partners and leads.
- Expert being a design lead who directs and mentors other designers.
- Comfortable presenting to and working with senior executives.
- Consistently instills empathy in teams by demonstrating a strong understanding of customer needs and motivations.
- A passion for Twitter and its potential, and a desire to reach every person on the planet in our purpose to serve the public conversation.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The applicable salary range for each U.S.-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 4 tiers according to a cost of labor index in that geographic area. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. The expected salary ranges for this role, are set forth below. These ranges may be modified in the future.
- Tier A: USD $186,000 – USD $259,000
- Tier B: USD $175,000 – USD $247,000
- Tier C: USD $167,000 – USD $234,000
- Tier D: USD $157,000 – USD $220,000
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here and is updated for any future jurisdiction which requires publication of the salary range on the job posting. If your location is not listed, please speak with your recruiter for additional information.
This job is also eligible for participation in Twitter’s Performance Bonus Plan and Equity Incentive Plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Twitter offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, sick time, and parental leave. Twitter’s benefits prioritize employee wellness and progressive support to our diverse workforce.