Location: Within Europe; 100% Remote
Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s our mission to make outdoor adventures accessible to everyone. And we’re good at it. Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times. Today, with over 30 million users and 300,000 five-star reviews, we are well toward becoming the most popular app for finding, planning, and sharing adventures worldwide.
Join our remote-first team and change the way people explore the outdoors.
About the role
We are now looking for a bright and talented Product Designer to take over the design of one of the core parts of komoot, the buyer’s journey, and premium features of komoot across all platforms – Web, iOS, and Android.
You will join Philipp (Product Manager), Barbara (iOS), James (Android), Johannes (Web), Martin (Backend), Pilou (Data Analyst), and Willem (QA), becoming an essential part of this high-performing squad.
We work in fast iteration cycles and continuously improve features – collaboration, open feedback, and communication are not only expected but also encouraged and rewarded.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Own and drive the product design of one of the core komoot products on all platforms (Web, iOS, Android).
- You will be the go-to designer in a cross-functional squad, working closely with developers, product managers, and copywriters to provide the best design solutions.
- You’ll also oversee the implementation of your work across all platforms.
- Partner with product managers and developers to define problems and goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, or polish existing features.
- Investigate the users’ needs, using them to validate your design solutions with the most appropriate user research method.
- Be autonomous and proactively draft layouts and interfaces, develop and prototype new features or improve the existing ones. You will work in quick iterations based on honest feedback from our users and solid metrics.
- Become part of the design team and work with other designers on improving design systems and fast processes, taking product design at komoot to the next level.
Why you will love it
- Your work will enable millions of people to have excellent outdoor experiences.
- You’ll build and improve a product we’re sure you’ll use for your outdoor trips.
- You’ll work in fast cycles and continuously improve features based on direct user feedback.
- You will become a key player amongst the team of very motivated and talented people united by our passion for great outdoor experiences.
- This is a remote role, we are a remote-first team, and you are free to work from anywhere in the UTC-1 and UTC+3 time zones.
- You’ll travel with our team to unique outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learn and go for hikes and rides. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6sbHrhRcoU…
- We have flexible working hours with core time for communication between 10 am- 3 pm (UTC+2). You can organize your workday in the way that best suits you, your family, and your needs.
- 38 days of vacation (including public holidays) + 3 additional personal growth days alongside EUR 2000 budget allocated for your personal development growth. Classes, conferences, books – your choice!
- Costs are covered for your co-working space membership, your work-from-home office setup, and the latest devices and equipment to do your best work.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 3+ years of cross-platform design experience (Web, Android, iOS) building an excellent digital product and its features, ideally from an in-house environment.
- Are highly skilled in design and prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, etc.).
- Have a solid understanding of design language, relevant patterns of our leading platforms (Android, iOS, Web), and their technical possibilities and constraints.
- You’re obsessed with designing and optimizing excellent products that users love, and you understand details are essential in this role.
- Are a team player and enjoy working collaboratively in small, tight-knit teams alongside developers and a product manager.
- Are a great facilitator with excellent communication skills.
- You want to be an essential part of a high-performing cross-functional team where continuous improvement, collaboration, open feedback, and communication are encouraged and rewarded.
- You deeply care about the impact of your work. You enjoy solving problems of different kinds for different users. You are used to testing your solutions through regular and continuous user feedback, metrics, and A/B tests.
- You are passionate about digital product design and have a user-focused mentality. You easily balance the newest industry approaches and pragmatic, data-driven product design solutions.
Curious to find out more?
- More about our team and our values here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs
- More about how we work here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process#how-we-work
- More about our recruitment process and FAQs here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
At komoot, we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online, it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?