Product Designer – Remote
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
ENGINEERING/PRODUCT – DESIGN
With over $2 billion in bookings of experiences, the Peek.com platform combines powerful business software with an award-winning marketplace for consumers to book fun things to do like wine tours, watersports, skydiving, art classes, and more.
The Peek Pro software suite provides world-class online booking, point-of-sale, and hundreds of automation tools such as inventory management, dynamic pricing, waivers, and marketing analytics. Thousands of operators like the Museum of Ice Cream, Artechouse, and Jam NOLA have grown their business and automated their operations with our technology.
Peek follows a “remote-first” philosophy, with our team of over 250 Peeksters distributed across exciting locales such as San Francisco, New York, Austin, Nashville, Salt Lake City, Santiago, Medellin and beyond. We recently raised over $80 million backed by Westcap and Goldman Sachs to continue uniting the world through experience.
PS: Peek just made the 2021 Forbes America’s Best Startups Employer list and was granted Newsweek’s Future of Travel award.
Peek’s Design Team
Peek’s Design team plays a key role in driving innovation and product-led growth for Peek. The team takes pride in actively listening to customers through regular interactions that helps inform every stage of the Product Design Process: Discover, Define, Develop and Deliver. We genuinely believe that feedback is a gift. This philosophy guides our design philosophy and is a key to Peek’s product success. We’re passionate about doing the best work of our career at Peek and driving the customer and user experience to new heights.
If all of this gets you excited and you want to be part of an industry-transforming growth-stage startup, come “take a Peek” and talk to our recruiting team!
Peek is looking for a Product Designer with deep proficiency in creating user-focused interfaces with a fast-paced development team. You should be passionate about the user experience, with a track record of success with UX research and implementations that benefit the end-user.
Peek is a rapidly growing industry leader. Our size means you’ll have major opportunities to expand your skill-set and contribute in a big way to the future of our products. Accordingly, our Design team is a group of self-starters, eager to produce user-centric solutions which solve problems big and small.
Your career growth and development are top-of-mind for us. You’ll learn a lot here, and you’ll succeed as well. And while we will expect a lot from you, we also value your life outside of work; recharging is important, and we strive to offer an environment that reflects that.
The Product Designer will report directly to the Director of Design.
Our team is 100% remote, however, we prefer candidates in the same time zones as the greater United States (UTC-10 to UTC-4). English is our business language, and fluency is required.
- Participate in regular design critiques, sprints, and solution brainstorming sessions while being an advocate for consistency and growth in the designs of the larger design team
- Collaborate with other designers, engineers, and product management team members to determine opportunities to improve the product
- Conduct interviews and feedback sessions with internal and external stakeholders, so as to guide the solutions you create, with the aim of solving the real problems with the best solutions.
- Design wireframes, user stories, user journeys, mockups, and click-through prototypes to communicate design solutions to engineering teams, internal stakeholders, and end-users
- Keep up-to-date about new and successful user experience techniques, share your knowledge on the latest trends and interaction patterns, and evangelize design-oriented thinking throughout the Peek organization
- Apply user research methods for identifying problems in the user’s journey, determine the best resolution, and aid in the design and execution of usability tests
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Completed studies in the field of Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Design, Interaction Design, User Experience or similar programs, or equivalent work experience designing successful digital user-experiences
- 2-4 years of work experience doing UX and/or product design
- Understanding how to apply various user research methods to help define user needs and goals
- Detail-oriented design and communication; the tiny details make a major impact
- Experience designing wireframes and mockups using standard tools such as Sketch, Figma, and Balsamiq (or equivalent) to demonstrate design solutions that impact the user throughout their interaction lifecycle
- Experience with mobile design patterns gets you some big thumbs up
- Skill in developing light-weight click-preview prototypes with HTML/CSS is a plus
People most qualified for this role will be:
- Curious – about the latest UX trends and interaction patterns
- Driven – to improve interactions across all user touch-points, from the beginning of their journey to the end
- Smart – learn our systems and our industry quickly
- Hard-working – we are growing, and we’ve got a lot to accomplish
- Outgoing – we have a rapidly growing, global team, and you’ll be interacting with a lot of different people within the organization, so building relationships that allow you to work productively with those teammates is key
- Collaborative – we work as a team, and are firm believers that the best solutions are a team effort
- Organized – as we said, there’s a lot going on, so it’s important that your work is easily accessible, shareable, and streamlined
- Show us what you’ve got! We want to see your design experience, whether it’s a full-fledged portfolio, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, personas, research, or all of the above.
Perks & Benefits:
Peek invests in our employee’s health and well-being. We’ve built our benefits package around our Peekster’s needs including full health care, dental, and vision plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, two-week company recharge at the end of the year, and competitive compensation packages that include significant equity upside that allows you to share in Peek’s long-term success.
Peek Travel Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.