Title: Product Manager, Copilot
Location: Remote – US
At Github, we strive to help developers and development teams be more productive and creative and make the software development process a more enjoyable experience. A key component of our vision is Github Copilot, an AI pair programmer built with Microsoft and OpenAI. We’re working on our IDEs integration of Copilot in Visual Studio, VS Code, Neovim and Jetbrains. The essential parts of these integrations are set up around a smooth integration of Copilot in the development workflow. We are currently looking for a Product Manager to join the team to work on the Copilot IDE ecosystem.
- Drive the product in the right direction. Help the team create and deliver the product vision that aligns with user needs and Copilot’s goals.
- Manage the product roadmap and lifecycle. Help the team think long-term and prioritize its tasks. Represent the user and be their voice.
- Work closely with product designers, developers to deliver features users need.
- Communicate with users who are software developers. Conduct interviews to collect feedback, and analyze it to identify problems and ways to address them in the product.
- Collaborate across teams. You will work closely with the Github plugin development team and our partners at Microsoft Devdiv.
- Do market and competitive research and work with the data analysts on quantitative product research to make informed, data-driven decisions.
- Define and measure the success of the changes, new features, and the whole area you’re responsible for.
- Have at least five years of product management, engineering, design, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with engineers and scientists, and influence team direction through leveraging competitive and industry research analysis.
- Passionate about developer tools and software development, and are comfortable working in a highly technical domain.
- Are proficient in English, have strong spoken and written communication skills.
- Know how to build relationships with development, marketing, and design teams, as well as with stakeholders.
- Are both a strategist and action-oriented.
- Bachelor degree in Computer science and/or engineering.
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States or onsite in one of GitHub’s U.S. offices (San Francisco, Bellevue, Raleigh)
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $104,400 to maximum $170,400 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together as individuals and in teams to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.