Title: Product Manager, Marketing Technology
Location: San Francisco, CA
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Product Manager, Marketing Technology
Airbnb is a vision and mission driven company. Our Product Managers embody this culture and mindset. Product Managers here imagine the ideal end state for our community first and work backward from it, challenging all current assumptions. They champion a winning strategy and leverage metrics to ensure we are making progress against it. They partner with talented cross-functional team members (across engineering, design, data science, etc.) and lead teams to execute upon a shared vision. They are incredibly hands-on and are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the right outcome for our community. We are looking for leaders who want to join us in this journey to accomplish our mission of creating belonging everywhere.
About the Marketing Technology Team
Marketing Technology is a platform team with the goal of delivering best-in-class tools and platforms that are used by our stakeholders in Marketing (Engagement, Brand and Performance, Creative), the Guest and Hosting product teams, Policy, Sales and more. Our mission is to enable teams to deliver highly personalized and relevant content to the Airbnb community, both onsite and offsite.
The Marketing Technology team powers all digital marketing channels including landing pages, email, push, SMS, and digital advertising, as well as the machine learning and data pipelines that feed into the management and optimization of these channels.
About The Role
As Product Manager, Marketing Technology, you will be responsible for owning key platform horizontals that together allow us to reach our community of Guests and Hosts with the right content, at the right time and on the right channels. You will work with stakeholders to determine the best combination of internal and external tools to drive the strategy and execution for the future of the platform across content, segmentation, campaign management, workflow automation, ads and analytics. In a quickly changing industry, you will be responsible for understanding the business, vision setting, prioritizing and delivering value iteratively to our customers.
This is a highly cross functional role, and you will act as a close partner to marketing, design, engineering, product management, data science, and privacy.
- Establish product vision for your platform area that connects into the broader Marketing Technology platform strategy
- Partner with Marketing, Product, TPM, and Data Science to understand goals and establish success criteria with clearly measurable objectives and key results to deliver a great user experience
- Develop the product roadmap, get alignment on prioritization and timelines to meet business goals
- Partner with a world-class team of Engineers, Designers and Data Scientists to execute efficiently and deliver impact for our business and users
- Develop a deep understanding of Airbnb’s technology infrastructure and business verticals to build products that integrate into our customers’ workflows
- Challenge the status quo and inspire people toward a unified outcome
- Communicate concisely within the team and with leadership to influence outcomes
- Implement best in class product development and management practices
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success & health
- Ensure that we have proper end-to-end instrumentation to measure and optimize our KPIs
- 7+ years of product management experience, preferably building internal tools and platforms
- Domain experience in building marketing technology and growth platforms to support one or more of Landing pages, Email, Push, SMS, automated campaigns, ads
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces. Ability to create examples through wireframes and mockups
- Ability to prioritize and scope marketing requests balancing long term vision and short-term pain points
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Able to curate and build on the ideas of others in pursuit of the best solution
- Big thinking. Should be able to help a small team achieve goals out of their comfort zone
- Strong understanding of technical architecture for complex and highly scalable solutions
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively communicate with technical and non-technical partners
- Experience building or supporting marketplace products is a plus
- Experience with machine learning / intelligence systems is a plus
- Current or previous experience being an Airbnb host, also a plus
The starting base pay for this role is between $180,000 and $230,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.