Title: Profile Editor Specialist (Remote)
Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our remote first team with incredible people like you!
About the role:
Profile Editors ensure all talent entering the Andela Talent Network have complete, professional, polished profiles that align with our quality and content guidelines.
You will proofread, edit, and update the profiles of software engineers, product managers, quality assurance staff, and other technologists to make profiles client-ready and ensure our Matching team has enough clear information at their fingertips to find the right person for the right job.
In this role, you will work remotely in a distributed company and help a small but mighty team deliver high-quality profiles. With more experience, you will become a subject matter expert on profile components, assist with onboarding new team members, and help the Profiles team support other projects and teams across Andela.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
The ideal candidate has:
- Excellent knowledge of English grammar and writing mechanics.
- Experience editing written material to a style guide in a professional or academic setting.
- A precise, aesthetic eye for detail.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Discipline and self-motivation.
Nice to have:
- Experience with resume writing or technical writing.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English, Writing, Linguistics, or a related field.
- Technical and engineering terminology fluency; you don’t have to be an engineer, but speaking the language is a plus.
- Fully Remote work culture – we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend – buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We’re on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.