CONTRACT TYPE AND DURATION
This position is open to Syrian or Syrian/Palestinian nationals, or holders of a work permit and residency in Syria.
Contract Type: Service Contract (SC5)
Duration: 12 months
Duty Stations: Qamishly Field Office
Number of required employees: 1
he United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Syria, WFP provides food assistance to more than 4.6 million people each month. This includes families who require emergency assistance when affected by conflict and displacement and also those who need help to improve their nutrition and food security. WFP supports children across Syria with healthy meals and snacks at school, mothers with nutritious diets, and families and communities with sustainable livelihood projects.
The job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or the designate. At this level, job holders are responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff. They work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects.
This post is based in Al-Qamishli and follow under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer in Qamishly Field Office.
The candidate must possess the ability to work in a multicultural environment respecting diversity and acting as a role model, contributing to a respectful and conducive work place environment and observance of WFP values: Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity and Inclusion.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the Programme Assistant will be responsible for the following duties: (These duties are generic and thus are not all-inclusive nor are all duties carried out by all positions)
- Field Level Agreements (FLAs), amendments, Note for the Records (NFRs) and related documents as required.
2.Enter Field Level Agreements (FLA) information in WINGS/ CO Monitoring & Evaluation Tool (COMET) as required.
3.Undertake quarterly/annual reconciliation of Cooperation Partner (CP) payments and provide technical feedback to the Field Offices / Cooperation Partner (FOs/CPs.)
4.Oversight at the Country Office/Field Office level to review Cooperation Partners (CPs) invoices ensuring the correct exchange rate is used and follow up on any commodity losses reported in the distribution report.
5.Create Service Entry Sheet (SES) entries in WFP’s SAP system when required.
6.Maintain the payment tracking sheet, prepare weekly status report, and flag any issues that require action.
7.Provide guidance, training, and oversight to Cooperation Partners (CPs) related to payment process.
8.Translate documents related to NGO Partnership and payments.
9.Undertake operational oversight visits to Cooperation Partners (CPs). Contribute to update the checklist.
10.Prepare visit report including follow up action points, and provide feedback to Cooperation Partners (CPs), Field Offices, and Country Office as required.
11.Follow up on Field Level Agreement (FLA) and FLA amendment cases and provide support as required.
12.Perform any other duties as assigned.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
•Has facilitated communication with technical teams (Partnership).
•Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
•Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related
functional area is desirable.
Experience: Four years of relevant working experience
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Capability NameDescription of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level**Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance**Can facilitate implementation of food assistance programmes under guidance using basic understanding of principles and good practices of programme design, implementation and monitoring.**Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers)**Demonstrates ability to facilitate, under guidance, food assistance programme implementation that deploys full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.**Knowledge of Specialized Areas**Understands basic technical concepts and data andtheir relevance to food assistance programmes.**Emergency Programming**Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.**Strategic Policy Engagement w/Govt**Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please upload your professional CV in English in PDF format making sure to include the following in terms of “Experience”:
- Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
- Exact Position Title
- Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, consultant, or freelancer
- Start and End date of Employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Responsibilities: To mention the main responsibilities that highlight your gained skills and experience
- A proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the next stage of the selection process.
Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
If any of the below links do not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar:
Internal candidates: https://performancemanager5.successfactors.eu/sf/jobreq?jobId=153244&company=C0000168410P
External candidates: https://router.job-listing.wfp.org/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=153244&company=C0000168410P
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.