WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme (WFP) has been implementing the School Feeding Programme (SFP) in Tajikistan since 1999. The SFP covers 52 districts and reaches over 450,000 beneficiaries, targeting primary school students at approximately 2,000 schools, accounting for more than half of the schools across the country.
The program assistant will support the implementation of school feeding program and will be responsible for range of activities including planning, monitoring, coordinating and implementing the school feeding program and will provide administrative and support to the program Unit.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Reporting directly to the Programme Policy Officer (NOA) and under the overall guidance of the National policy officer (NOC), the incumbent will provide project management and administrative support to the implementation of School Feeding Programme to ensure activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures. Duties include:
- Assist in the planning, creation and implementation of various activities and processes on the feeding -interventions for schools aligned to the guidance from WFP and district administration.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems faced in the execution of feeding interventions in schools.
- Oversee and/or review the work of the WFP contracted field partner, school feeding focal points at region/district providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and timelines.
- Support in organizing and conducting capacity building for government stakeholders, school feeding focal points and others on various project related aspects.
- Make regular visits to the schools to monitor the implementation of the school feeding project, identify the gaps in implementation and suggest mid-course correction.
- Attend the monthly meetings of the WFP field partner and their staff.
- Organize and undertake field missions to monitor the implementation the school feeding activities.
- Serve as focal point for all school hot meal (Activity 1) for data entry within the corporate systems.
- Collect and collate information within school feeding program to demonstrate best practices.
- Monitor, update and track operational data related to the implementation and delivery of food, non-food commodities to beneficiaries/project sites.
- Coordinate and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation, and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
Documentation and Knowledge Management:
- Prepare monthly project progress reports school feeding program for sharing with all the project teams.
- Support in aggregation and classify the best approach of execution for wider dissemination.
- Prepare success stories and case studies of the program
- Support the NOA and FOs with the various capacity building activities for government counterparts based on the need of the program implementation plan.
- Liaise with project stakeholders for timely implementation and speedy resolution of issues identified in the projects.
- Participate in the preparation of donor missions, workshops, round tables, coordination meetings and other relevant events related to school feeding program.
- Work cooperatively with all concerned units to support effective and efficient implementation of school feeding activities.
- Support the implementation of the WFP Tajikistan Country Strategic Plan through ensuring cross- cutting efforts such as nutrition-sensitivity, gender and diversity inclusion, protection and accountability, environmental protections, and capacity development, are integrated throughout the portfolio and within the office, and to ensure equal participation and consideration of women and men, boys and girls, and people living with specific needs and/or disabilities.
- Perform translation from/to English and Tajik/Russian on short documents, presentations, and written correspondence.
- Provide administrative functions, including but not limited to, processing travel documents, purchase orders, and purchase requisitions.
Any other business.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English, and Tajik or Russian. Fluency in both Tajik and Russian is an advantage.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in programme, out of which at least one year in implementation of projects working in the private business sector, government agencies, UN, non-profit national or international organizations. A focus on social protection and education sphere will be considered as an asset.
- Experience in liaison with national counterparts such as local authorities, state agencies and ministries.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relations with counterparts and staff within the office and external stakeholders, including NGO partners, other UN agencies and/or private businesses.
- Ability to plan and organize work, resourcefulness, initiative, and problem-solving skills
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relations with counterparts and staff within the office and external stakeholders, including donors, NGO partners, other UN agencies and/or private businesses.
- Strong proficiency in computer literacy, including use of Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with data/information management and organization.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to plan and organize work, resourcefulness, initiative, and problem-solving skills.
- Communication: Adapts to the level of language and complexity of content as relevant to the audience. Facilitates transparent communication among staff.
- Ethics and Values: Ensures WFP’s regulations, procedures and policies are applied within the work unit. Deals fairly and equitably with all individuals.
- Interpersonal Relations: Aware of, and sensitive to, the interpersonal strengths and limitations of others. Uses diplomacy and tact to find mutual solutions where there are conflicting interests.
- Initiative: Proposes methods to enhance work processes. Proactively identifies potential problems in the work unit and implements measures to avoid them.
- Ability to work hard and effectively in emergency situations and under the pressure; strong organizational skills to keep and implement several tasks as per identified priorities.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract: Service Contract (SC)
Duration of Contract: 12 months (with possible extension)
Duty Station: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
21 November 2021
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete their applications on-line on WFP website on the following link:
Applicants will have to register and create on-line CVs to be able to apply. Hard copies of CVs or applications through e-mail will not be accepted. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information.
The deadline for submission of applications is 21 November 2021.
Female candidates and individuals with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.