Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Only external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. This is a request for Curricula/expression of interest for Internship. Applications from all gender candidates are encouraged.
The IOM Internship Programme provides candidates with the opportunity to learn about IOM’s activities, to gain initial work experience, and/or gain knowledge on a broad range of migration technical areas and disciplines. Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Programme Support Unit Coordinator, in coordination with the Danwadaag chief of Party, the successful candidate will assist in supporting and contributing to PSU and CLT activities with regards to Project Development, Reporting, Communications, and Knowledge Management. The duties will include:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Work with the Danwadaag CLT and PSU unit on various activities to support respective programme objectives.
- Carry out preliminary research on relevant assigned topics to support the PSU, CLT, and EPC teams.
- Compile general background information from various sources and provide inputs upon instruction to support managers.
- Assist manager in preliminary editing, review and consolidation of donor reports from programme units.
- Assist in collecting donor information, documentation, and tracking of liaison activities with potential donors and attending relevant meetings as an observer.
- Assist with day-to-day Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and administrative tasks for the PSU, CLT and EPC units by applying data collection methods and maintaining adequate documentation and records of project activities, data, and reports.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of internal and external meetings with donor, partners, and government (preparing the agenda, taking minutes, collecting action points etc.)
- Support the knowledge management of the PSU, CLT and EPC units by maintaining and updating project matrix and maintaining institutional memories or other documentation and information management systems.
- Support PSU,CLT and EPC communication strategies and contribute to communications/visibility related activities for the Mission in close coordination with and guidance from the Communications Officer and RO/HQ communications team.
- Preliminary review and update of the monthly EPC indicators and bimonthly narrative inputs to produce external updates.
- Compile information required to assist unit in producing high-quality unit updates, sitreps, external reports, factsheets, case studies, briefs, and success stories
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree or/and master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
Experience and skills
• Experience in Project Development and Reporting
• Experience in writing and editing information materials and reports
• Experience in operational activities both in humanitarian and development sector
• Work experience in the region is an advantage
• General knowledge of MS (ex. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
• Digital literacy and demonstrated knowledge of information technology in Adobe creative cloud: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop is an advantage.
• Fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Somali is an added advantage.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity : Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: Maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Call for Application Number (CFA No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees (preferably direct former/academic supervisors) and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
From 18.02.2022 to 03.03.2022