Organizational Context and Scope
The United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) operates world-wide with a target of providing resettlement opportunities to 62,500 or more individuals each year. IOM provides a range of services and support to the USRAP including, but not limited to, case processing, migration health assessments, cultural orientation training, organized transportation and administration of a travel loan and collections program. Some 1200 multi-disciplinary staff members work in support of the USRAP which has an annual budget in the range of USD 200 million. The Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE), specifically the Resettlement and Movement Division (RMM), has the organizational responsibility to provide direction, oversight and guidance to IOM’s global support to all resettlement programs.
Under the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP), the Resettlement Support Center (RSC) provides critical support and processing services for resettlement to the US. As part of an MOU between IOM and the US State Department Bureau for Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM), IOM manages the RSC for Middle East and North Africa (MENA). RSC MENA manages US resettlement activities in Jordan, Iraq, Egypt, Syria, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Yemen, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, and United Arab Emirates. RSC MENA prepares applications for adjudication by and provides support to visiting US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, facilitates security and medical screenings, provides information about arrivals to resettlement agencies in the US and offers Cultural Orientation (CO) training to individuals departing for the US.
Under the general supervision of the Project Coordinator OR Project Officer, Case Management, RSC MENA, the direct supervision of the Project Associate OR Senior Project Assistant, Case Management, RSC MENA, and with monitoring and guidance from the Project Focal Point, Case Management, RSC MENA, the Project Assistant is responsible for undertaking case management activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
· Undertake case management activities in an assigned area or areas, such as file integrity, program access, pre-screening, field team, adjudications support, scheduling or pre-departure services.
· Assist in the efficient and effective management of refugee case files and medical records, including, if assigned, undertaking such duties as creating new case files, distributing case files, filing returned files, keeping accurate and comprehensive track of files through the file tracking system, scanning files and transforming case files into travel packets.
· Undertake refugee form fill interviews for the purposes of recording biographical information, including, if assigned, accurately completing necessary forms, correctly entering data into the Worldwide Refugee Admissions Program System (WRAPS) and other databases, scanning, photocopying, attaching and filing documents, translating basic documents, and photographing applicants in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
· Assist with the organization and/or scheduling of refugee appointments, including, if assigned, running ad hoc reports, entering data into schedules in WRAPS or another database, updating schedules, issuing notifications, visiting applicants in camps and other locations to relay appointment information, and/or assisting with circuit ride logistics.
· Assist with the adjudication of refugee case files by providing, if assigned, interpretation during interviews, data entry services, logistical support and assisting with the notification of results to refugee applicants as needed.
· Update WRAPS with biographical and other sensitive information such as interview dates, US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) interview and fingerprint results, medical data and resettlement location preferences, and, if assigned, activate processes such as program access verification, security checks or assurances as required.
· Undertake quality assurance checks of refugee files and case data in WRAPS as directed by Case Management team members or supervisors.
· Provide regular reports on work being accomplished to the Project Focal Point, Case Management, and/or supervisors and team members.
· Undertake duty travel as needed to participate in meetings or training.
· Demonstrate a solid understanding of the USRAP, SOPs and WRAPS, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with refugee applicants and colleagues.
· Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all RSC-related information by implementing control procedures in line with USRAP standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Project Focal Point or RSC management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by RSC staff members.
· Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Education & Experience:
· University degree in Social Science or other relevant field supplemented by related courses will be advantage, with two years of relevant professional experience.
· Completed Diploma/Secondary school, Certificate in related fields, with four years of relevant professional experience.
Skills & Technical:
· Attention to detail and ability to organize
· Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
· Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations
Thorough knowledge of English and Arabic.
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner: is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. In addition, a clearance from the local government (“Court Clearance”) needs to be provided by the applicant.
How to apply
· Interested Internal candidates (active staff members and staff holding a daily contract) need to submit their application plus a cover letter to email@example.com by 19 October 2021**,** their updated IOM Personal History (PH) Form or E-recruit Internal Candidate profile generated from PRISM Portal indicating the vacancy number JOR/045/2021 and “Project Assistant, Case Management” as mentioned in the vacancy notice email Subject line. Any application without this information in the subject line will be excluded from the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
· Kindly use your IOM email account for us to easily identify that you are internal candidate (first tier candidate) referring to this advertisement and VN# JOD/045/2021.
· Interested external candidates are invited to submit their applications plus a cover letter via Akhtaboot website 19 Oct 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement and VN# JOD/045/2021, Akhtaboot #147686, in order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed in Akhtaboot website for External candidates.