Organizational Context and Scope
The United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) operates world-wide with a target of providing resettlement opportunities to 62,500 or more individuals each year. IOM provides a range of services and support to the USRAP including, but not limited to, case processing, migration health assessments, cultural orientation training, organized transportation and administration of a travel loan and collections program. Some 1200 multi-disciplinary staff members work in support of the USRAP which has an annual budget in the range of USD 200 million. The Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE), specifically the Resettlement and Movement Division (RMM), has the organizational responsibility to provide direction, oversight and guidance to IOM’s global support to all resettlement programs.
Under the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP), the Resettlement Support Center (RSC) provides critical support and processing services for resettlement to the US. As part of an MOU between IOM and the US State Department Bureau for Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM), IOM manages the RSC for Middle East and North Africa (MENA). RSC MENA manages US resettlement activities in Jordan, Iraq, Egypt, Syria, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Yemen, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, and United Arab Emirates. RSC MENA prepares applications for adjudication by and provides support to visiting US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, facilitates security and medical screenings, provides information about arrivals to resettlement agencies in the US and offers Cultural Orientation (CO) training to individuals departing for the US.
Under the general supervision of the Project Officer, Data Integrity RSC MENA, and the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant, Data Integrity, RSC MENA, the Project Focal Point is responsible for undertaking and guiding data integrity activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Undertake data integrity activities in an assigned area related to report management, application management and/or data quality assurance and, as required, guide and assist in monitoring teams of Project Clerks and Project Assistants in Data Integrity in organizing and completing data integrity activities in an assigned area.
- Monitor and assist in guiding Data Integrity team members with the creation and distribution of clear, concise and timely reports for RSC MENA using SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) and other reporting tools, and with the design and publishing of reports presented in a clear and informative format.
- Efficiently and effectively maintain complete documentation on reports, RSC applications, and data quality assurance tools, ensuring they are utilized in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Assist the Project Officer, Data Integrity as they work in partnership with RSC supervisors to gather and document application and quality assurance business and system requirements, and to translate those business and system requirements into the design and development of in-house applications, reports and data quality assurance systems that serve as comprehensive solutions for the USRAP at RSC MENA.
- Provide support in the production and development of reporting databases for RSC MENA, identifying problems in logic, integrity, and efficiency in the applications, quality assurance systems, and reports.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and data analysis upon request and conduct regular quality assurance checks of data in WRAPS to verify the accuracy of information and the RSC’s compliance with all USRAP and RSC SOPs in relation to reporting, application management and data quality assurance.
- Research and respond to reporting requests from RSC MENA colleagues, resolving questions and issues related to RSC applications, data quality assurance and reporting systems.
- In coordination with supervisors, liaise as needed with other teams and units in RSC MENA and other RSCs. Provide regular reports on the work being accomplished within the team to supervisors and team members.
- Train other Data Integrity team members as needed to efficiently and effectively manage reporting, application management, and data quality assurance.
- Undertake duty travel as needed to participate in data integrity-related activities, for meetings and for training.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the USRAP, SOPs and WRAPS, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of all RSC-related information by implementing control procedures in line with USRAP standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert RSC management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by RSC staff members.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Education & Experience:
· University degree in Comoputer Science, Information Management or other relevant field supplemented by related courses will be advantage, with three years of relevant professional experience.
· Completed Diploma/Secondary school, Certificate in related fields, with five years of relevant professional experience.
Skills & Technical:
· Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and SQL Reports Server and experience in using SSMS and BIDS
· Excellent data analysis, visualization and presentation skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Self-motivated and objective driven
· Thorough knowledge of English
· Ability to use own initiative and work under pressure with minimum supervision
· Excellent computer skills, including in Word, Excel and Internet; IT skills are a distinct advantage
Thorough knowledge of English and Arabic.
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner: is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. In addition, a clearance from the local government (“Court Clearance”) needs to be provided by the applicant.
How to apply
· Interested Internal candidates (active staff members and staff holding a daily contract) need to submit their application plus a cover letter to email@example.com by 19 October 2021**,** their updated IOM Personal History (PH) Form or E-recruit Internal Candidate profile generated from PRISM Portal indicating the vacancy number JOR/044/2021 and “Project Focal Point, Data Integrity” as mentioned in the vacancy notice email Subject line. Any application without this information in the subject line will be excluded from the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
· Kindly use your IOM email account for us to easily identify that you are internal candidate (first tier candidate) referring to this advertisement and VN# JOD/044/2021.
· Interested external candidates are invited to submit their applications plus a cover letter via Akhtaboot website 19 Oct 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement and VN# JOD/044/2021, Akhtaboot #147685, in order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed in Akhtaboot website for External candidates.