Title: QA Engineer
We are disrupting the trillion-dollar construction industry with technology, making it possible for almost any profession to operate remotely. Our company is the only startup combining the strengths of technology and remote work to solve the challenges of residential construction. Our software and data engine allow our remote team to offer customers a user-friendly local experience. We have integrated 3D CAD modeling, video, satellite mapping, appointment scheduling, real-time pricing data, regulations data in our suite of ERP software and mobile apps. Our software powers a growing all-remote team of hundreds of staff members, brought together by our shared values of being kind, investing in people, and being lean. You can read more about our all-remote engineering team here: Cracking the Code for All-Remote Engineering Teams
With the belief that everyone has a right to professional growth and respect regardless of their location, we proudly have staff (aka Ergeoneers) in dozens of countries, with a great score and recommendation rating on Glassdoor. Come join us to make construction friendly and accessible!
Ergeon: [er – g- eon]
Erg = unit of work or energy
Eon = billion years
Ergeon is founded by CS Ph.D. serial entrepreneurs Jiayue (Jenny) He and Odysseas Tstatalos. They picked this name to symbolize their joint passion for using tech to revolutionize work.
Overview of the Role
In this role you’ll be working in a remote setting with a diverse team of world class engineers building mobile and web applications. We expect that you will have huge impact in the way we think about quality. This position has a great potential for someone who wants to evolve his career quickly along with a fast growing technology startup.
As a QA Engineer you will estimate, plan, and coordinate testing activities. You will also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system.
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Find, record and document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough manual regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Manually test and validate newly developed features and user stories
- Maintain and improve our automated tests
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven working experience in software quality assurance and doing manual testing
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases and bug descriptions
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Nice to have
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience with git, JIRA and CircleCI
- Experience working in remote teams
- Automation experience and scripting knowledge
- Experience in web applications testing
- Experience with CodeceptJS
Stable high-speed internet connection
- At least 5mbps upload and 20 Mbps download
Annual salary between $27 – $45 thousand USD, depending on experience and location.
- Your final compensation will depend on your placement on our Career Ladder and will be calculated hourly.
- You’ll be paid weekly through Upwork (www.upwork.com), the platform we choose to hire and pay our Ergeoneers all over the world.
Additional important information
- Before starting as a full-time employee, as part of the interviewing process, you will have a paid trial period: A World-class Engineering Mentoring of 2 weeks where you will be working 1-1 with a current engineer as your tutor. We open up our tools and code base so that you can work on real projects and go through our real development cycle.
- It includes 1-1 sessions, constant mentoring, teamwork, practical use and understanding of our technical tools, and live exercises to develop abilities.
- This period gives you the opportunity to decide if the job and the company are your perfect match, and it also helps us to know you better.
- The position is full-time, based on a 40 hours week.
- We expect you to be available from Monday through Friday, from 6:00am PST to 10:00am PST to attend the department and company meetings.
- The rest of the time can be managed by you according to your responsibilities.
Ergeon’s benefits and perks for full staff members
Competitive compensation: We invest in people! We are constantly doing worldwide market research in order to offer globally competitive salaries. And we are well funded by VCs.
All-Remote since the beginning: We have a diverse team spread across 40+ countries. We stay connected through the best remote work practices such as flexible work hours, team events, remote happy hours, and by sharing our love of food!
Tech, Wellness & Learning fund: You can have a $400USD bonus per year for software and hardware tools, workplace improvements, fitness-related spending (includes things like yoga classes, Fitbit tracker, new running shoes, gym membership. . .), and books, courses, training, or even attending conferences.
Stock options: All staff is eligible after 6 months of full-time work.
Birthday Paid day off: You can take the exact day, or Friday before if it is on a weekend!
Flexible Paid time off: You can take 12 days after working 6 months, PLUS 2 extra days per year for a maximum of 20 days.
Free Headset Benefit: You can get a noise-canceling headset since your first day working full-time.
Equipment: Laptop replacement after 1 year of full-time work. And every 3 years after that.
Co-Working Fund: Meet in groups of 3+ Ergeon friends and get reimbursed up to USD $20 for coffee, co-working, etc (once per quarter).
Language Classes: here at Ergeon you will have the opportunity to learn or improve a language!
We believe everyone has a right to professional growth and respect, no matter their location.
Ergeon’s workforce is given meaningful opportunities and is supported by a kind and diverse community.
Our global staff (Ergeoneers) have access to career growth, amazing work culture, and great benefits.