Quality Assurance Associate – Graphic Design
REMOTE – US
WEBTOON – CONTENT (LOCALIZATION)
As the global leader and pioneer of the mobile webcomic format, WEBTOON has revolutionized the comics industry for comic fans and creators. Today, a diverse new generation of international comic artists have found a home on WEBTOON, where the company’s storytelling technology allows anyone to become a creator and build a global audience for their stories.
With a massive catalog of incredible digital comics from rising stars on WEBTOON CANVAS platform, and a growing roster of superstar WEBTOON Originals creators, there’s something for every type of comic fan on WEBTOON. With an average of 89+ million monthly active users, and WEBTOON adaptations on Netflix, HBO Max, and other screens around the world, WEBTOON’s passionate fandoms are the new face of pop culture. The company has worked with DC Comics, Marvel Entertainment, HYBE, and many more of the world’s biggest entertainment brands.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Associate who is eager to contribute to the lettering quality of translated webcomics. Our ideal candidate has a degree in graphic design, experience in lettering webcomics and logo design, and is an avid consumer of a variety of digital content.
- Work closely with the localization team to manage the quality of graphic design and lettering in translated series
- Perform quality assurance checks and deliver feedback to graphic designers to ensure content is ready for publishing
- Monitor issues in publishing content and resolve in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain graphic design and lettering guides to establish quality standards
- Create high-quality title logos
- Must be an avid reader of WEBTOON series!
- Experience in lettering comics, graphic design, desktop publishing, or a related field
- Must be able to read and type Korean
- Knowledge of Korean language and cultural trends
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Clip Studio
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize various ongoing tasks at once
WEBTOON is owned by South Korea’s internet conglomerate Naver. In 2021, Naver acquired webnovel app Wattpad. The move aligned WEBTOON, the world’s largest digital comics platform, with Wattpad, the world’s leading webnovel platform. Together, these storytelling technology platforms reach a combined audience of 166 million people around the world.
Join us and work with some of the biggest artists, IP, and fandoms in comics!