The IOM Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) in Bangkok, Thailand is one of the 9 IOM Regional Offices (RO) that oversees and provides strategic and technical support to IOM activities within the region. Within the RO Bangkok structure, the Regional Resources Management Unit (RRMU) provides support to 40 IOM Country Offices (CO) within the region on budgeting, accounting, human resources, procurement and other administrative functions.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Regional Resources Management Officer (SRRMO) and the direct supervision of the Regional Resources Management Officer (RRMO), the incumbent will assist in providing resources management related support to the Regional Office. S/he will also assist the RRMU in providing first-line support and guidance to IOM COs within the Asia and the Pacific Region relating to resources management functions.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the IOM set rules and regulations and relevant instructions for the ROAP, namely in the areas of Resources Management (e.g. budget monitoring, financial reporting, processing payment requests, staff Travel Authorizations (TA) and Travel Expense Claims (TEC), as well as procurement, including asset management/inventory).
- Assist with the budget review and endorsement process for all project proposals in the region.
- Provide support to the ROAP in:
a. Review and maintain the ROAP’s financial accounts and ensure, that the ROAP’s financial transactions are entered into IOM accounting system SAP/PRISM on timely manner.
b. Prepare the monthly RO projects and financial report or statistical report.
c. Review and process Travel Expense Claims and travel advance requests.
d. Perform monthly funding request and office cost projectization.
e. Prepare invoices for donors/projects as required and ensure collection of funds.
f. Responsible for handling the petty cash, including its replenishment and reimbursement of approved expenditures of staff and vendors, as appropriate. Prepare monthly financial report reflecting all cash receipts and payments.
g. Verifying payment requests by reviewing the invoices along with the supporting documentation and ascertain that the goods (equipment, supplies) or services they pertain to were duly received or provided before proceeding the payment request.
h. Ensure proper and systematic filing system for all validated vouchers and other accounting documents according to established standards;
- Assist the RRMO and SRRMO in providing first‐line support and guidance to the COs within the region on IOM’s policies and procedures relating to resource management matters.
- Assist in providing support to the COs in the preparation of annual budgets, monitoring of cost commitments, budget control and revisions and financial reporting.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls to safeguard the Organization’s assets, control cash and prevent fraud.
- Ensure the filing and budget endorsement tracking system is well maintained and updated regularly as necessary.
- Assist in training activities on IOM’s financial policies and procedure to staffs in ROAP as required.
- Report regularly and bring to the attention of the supervisor and the SRRMO any relevant resource management issues.
- Assist during internal and/or external auditing, if and when required.
- Provide general support to the team in absence of other colleagues in the Unit.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to ROBangkokHR@iom.int . Please include the reference code: ROBKK-VN 22-021 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include:
• Cover letter
• Curriculum vitae
• Duly completed IOM Personal History Form (can be downloaded from here or http://thailand.iom.int/);
Thai Nationals Only