Research Network Program Coordinator (Remote)
Job Category: Research
Make a Difference at OCHIN
OCHIN is a rapidly growing national nonprofit health IT organization with two decades of experience transforming health care delivery to drive health equity. We are hiring for a number of new positions to meet increasing demand. When you choose to join OCHIN, you have the opportunity to continuously grow your skills and do meaningful work to help fulfill our mission.
OCHIN provides leading-edge technology, data analytics, research, and support services to more than 600 community health care sites, reaching nearly 6 million patients nationally. We believe that every individual, no matter their race, ethnicity, background, or zip code, should have fair opportunity to achieve their full health potential. Our work addresses differences in health that are systemic, avoidable, and unjust. We partner, learn, innovate, and advocate, in order to close the gap in health for individuals and communities negatively impacted by racism or other structural inequities.
At OCHIN, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of every individual and work hard to maintain a culture of belonging.
Founded in Oregon in 2000, OCHIN employs a growing virtual workforce of more than 900 diverse professionals, working remotely across 40+ states. We offer a generous compensation package and are committed to supporting our employees’ entire well-being by fostering a healthy work-life balance and equitable opportunity for professional advancement. We are curious, collaborative learners who strive to live our values everyday: leadership, collaboration, excellence, innovation, inclusion, and stewardship. OCHIN is excited to support our continued national expansion and the increasing demand for our innovative tools and services by welcoming new talent to our growing team.
The Research Network Program Coordinator brings value to the Research Network Team by providing coordination and support for key program activities and projects to ensure achievement of program goals, completion of milestones and deliverables, and alignment with OCHIN’s strategic initiatives. This position is responsible for performing daily work and coordinating projects within the scope of OCHIN’s Research Network area. The Program Coordinator works closely with OCHIN research network staff (investigators, program managers, program specialists, and others), members, and partners to deliver outstanding results on behalf of the Research Team.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
To keep our colleagues, members, and communities safe, OCHIN requires all employeesincluding remote employees, contractors, interns, and new hiresto be vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine, as supported by state and federal public health officials, as a condition of employment. All new hires are required to provide proof of full vaccination or receive approval for a medical or religious exemption before their hire date.
- Communicate with OCHIN staff, network partners, and research partners about program activities in a clear and customer-centric manner.
- Provide meeting support, especially in scheduling and coordination of meetings involving network grants and partners, research partners, or across multiple OCHIN teams.
- Use project management techniques to coordinate and track activities within the scope of the Research Network program including, but not limited to
- Research activities of the OCHIN Research Network Team, network partners and network sponsors such as network meetings and forums, network engagement and governance, workgroups.
- Network core and/or unit activities including but not limited to research project opportunities, partnerships and collaborations, queries, data enhancement
- Core, Unit and Network meetings, workgroups and activities
- Data and research requests
- Coordination with other program coordinators, program specialist and the program manager and director
- Onboarding assistance for new Research Network Team and Research Department members, interns and students
- Maintaining internal and external SharePoint
- Research, identify, and implement best practices and improvement ideas in support of program activities
- Coordinate program activities which support program strategy, direction, and goals in partnership with other departments at OCHIN.
- Communicate with OCHIN members, customers, and partners about program activities in a clear and customer-centric manner.
- Research, identify, and implement best practices and improvement ideas in support of program activities.
- Create, continuously update, and maintain program communication documents and venues
- Perform outreach to and build relationships with network partners and research partners
- Manage program documentation and support reporting requirements
- Support Core, Unit staff and Research Network team leadership
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensure that all activities are grounded in improvement principles and embody excellent customer service
- Escalate risks and issues as appropriate
- Contribute to the growth and development of the Research Network team
- Actively pursue continuous learning and professional growth
- Bachelor’s degree in a Healthcare, research, epidemiology, social science or related field plus 2 years relevant experience
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Access), Smartsheet & SharePoint
- Exemplary communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
- High skill level at managing tasks and details
- Ability to work in on multiple complex programs and projects at one time
- Excellent interpersonal, intercultural, and customer service skills
Work Location and Travel Requirements
This position is 100% remote. Work from home requirements are:
- Ability to work independently and efficiently from a home office environment
- High Speed Internet Service
- It is a requirement that employees work in a distraction free workplace
Travel may be required based on business requirements for OCHIN
We offer a comprehensive range of benefits. See our website for details: https://ochin.org/employment-openings
Equal Opportunity Statement
OCHIN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills for the benefit of our staff, our mission, and the communities we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, OCHIN, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital or civil union status, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs.