Title: Research Scientist
Location: United States – Remote
At ASAPP, we are on a mission to build transformative machine learning-powered products that push the boundaries of artificial intelligence and customer experience. We focus on solving complex, data-rich problems the kind where there are huge systemic inefficiencies and where a real solution will have a significant economic impact. Our CX performance platform uses machine learning across both voice and digital engagement channels to augment and automate human work, radically increasing productivity and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of customer experience teams.
Researchers at ASAPP work to fundamentally advance the science of NLP and ML toward our goal of deploying domain specific real-world AI solutions, and to apply those advances to our products. They leverage the massive amounts of data generated by our products, and our ability to deploy AI features into real-world use to ask and address fundamental research questions in novel ways.
We are expanding our research team, and are looking for candidates with PhDs or equivalent experience, a strong record of peer-reviewed publications, and the ability to independently develop and drive original research programs. If you thrive in an environment of deep thinking, impactful research, and startup-paced execution, ASAPP is the ideal place for you.
We encourage applicants from all locations in the US to apply. This role is remote or hybrid flexible, as we have offices in New York City, Northern California, and Bozeman.
What you’ll do
- Identify potential applications of ML relevant to ASAPP, advocate for and formulate research programs for those areas, and provide guidance & drive for selected research program(s).
- Socialize research findings within ASAPP, advocate for applications of findings, and guide productization.
- Document, patent and/or publish significant experimental findings.
- Mentor and train junior researchers at ASAPP, improving their ability to independently do research, and communicate their findings.
What you’ll need
- PhD in Computer Science in ML or NLP; or equivalent experience
- A strong record of peer reviewed publications
- The scientific curiosity and grit required to solve hard research problem
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
What we’d like to see
- Ability to present to / directly communicate with our enterprise customers about our research programs, and the AI basis of our product
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional, and productive team atmosphere
- The ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Competitive compensation with stock options
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k matching
- Fitness and wellness stipend
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Mental well-being benefits
- Professional learning and development stipend
- Parental leave, including adoptive and foster parents
- 3 weeks paid time off (increases with tenure) and unlimited sick leave
Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
If you are a Colorado applicant:
– The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $150,000 – 195,000.
– For Sales positions: this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in ASAPP’s equity plan.
– For Non-Sales positions: this role is eligible to participate in ASAPP’s equity plan.
The actual salary may be different depending upon non-discriminatory factors such as qualifications, experience, and other factors permitted by law. The range listed is just one component of ASAPP’s total compensation package; other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives, including the benefits listed above.