London or Remote
What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
In May 2022, we joined forces with ProfitWell. ProfitWell provides BI solutions that improve retention and monetization automatically through unmatched subscription intelligence. As one team and one platform, we offer the “done for you” approach to SaaS payments, billing, and growth.
We’re backed by investors including KKR, FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North and serve over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally.
As a Risk Analyst you will report into the Risk Manager and will work within the Risk Team to help execute Paddle’s Risk Strategy.
This position requires someone who can think outside the box, has a can do attitude, has strong risk experience in ecommerce, and willingness to learn and adapt in the ever changing world of risk and payments.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include reviewing alerts generated by our transaction monitoring solutions and third-party vendor solutions. You will investigate these alerts and take appropriate actions to protect Paddle from Risk. You will need to be comfortable making decisions (at times based on limited information). For more complex cases, you will prepare reports, with recommendations, for either a Risk Manager or the Head of Risk (depending on the case).
You will be given the opportunity to contribute to the overall Risk Strategy and will help to support the regular review of our policies and procedures.
This role is based in London, but we are willing to consider global applications.
What you’ll do:
- Investigate alerts generated by our third-party vendors and transaction monitoring solutions
- Work with other teams regarding Seller inquiries or Risk related issues
- Help to conduct more complex risk investigations
- Be confident in making judgement calls (at times based on limited information)
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Help provide assistance with Card Scheme rules and global legislation around payments
- Support the onboarding teams with complex cases
- Contribute to improvements in our team processes
We’d love to hear from you if you are:
- Proven experience working in Risk or Underwriting/Onboarding (ideally within Merchant Processing, E-Commerce, or a similar role at a FinTech)
- You have experience reviewing web monitoring alerts (for example, EverCompliant, Webshield, or G2)
- Experience in reviewing sellers/merchants with transaction monitoring solutions
- You put a high value on accuracy and completeness of work
- Ability to communicate clearly, sensitively and effectively with customers while investigating suspicious activity
- Strong data analysis and investigative reporting skills
- You have the ability to manipulate data in Excel or similar (SQL experience is a bonus)
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to new processes and procedures
Everyone is welcome at Paddle
At Paddle, we’re committed to removing invisible barriers, both for our customers and within our own teams. We recognise and celebrate that every Paddler is unique and we welcome every individual perspective. As an inclusive employer we don’t care if, or where, you studied, what you look like or where you’re from. We’re more interested in your passion for learning and what you’ll bring to the table. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match every part of the job ad, especially if you’re part of an underrepresented group. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to better support you through the application process and in the workplace. We’re committed to building a diverse team where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. Let’s grow together.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse, growing group of Paddlers across the globe who pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative and respectful culture. We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, retirement plans, private healthcare and wellbeing initiatives.
We are a digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely, from one of our stylish hubs, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We invest in learning and will help you with your personal development via constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning fund, and regular internal and external training.