Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote
We’re creating opportunities in every corner of the health care marketplace to improve lives while we’re building careers. At UnitedHealth Group, we support you with the latest tools, advanced training and the combined strength of high caliber co-workers who share your passion, your energy and your commitment to quality. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
**$1,500 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES**
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Energize your career with one of health care’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that can come true. Already one of the world’s leading health care companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and / or providers. Direct phone – based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries. Employees in jobs labeled with “SCA” must support a Government Service Contract Act (SCA) Agreement.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- You must provide verification you hold the appropriate state licenses at point of offer extension, and upon hire you successfully complete our AARP Sales Agent New Hire training class, you may be eligible for a $1,500 sign on bonus.
- Your licensed and appointment will be captive through United HealthCare.
- Provide excellent customer sales experience
- Meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the capability to multi-task through several different automation systems is required for the candidate to be successful in the role
- Sit at workstation for a long duration using a computer and headset to interact with customers
- Conduct research to identify solutions and answers to difficult customer inquiries
- Overcome customer objections and compete with yourself and other agents to succeed and hit goals
- Resolve customer service inquiries which could include:
- Benefit and Eligibility information
- Billing and Payment issues
- Customer material requests
- Identify customer needs and provide solutions that address such needs
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing & potential customers and make recommendations/present suitable products based on their needs
- Upsell products and services to customers when providing telecommunication solutions
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Hiring immediately
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or 10+ years of equivalent working experience
- Health License in your state of residence is required
- 1+ years of sales experience analyzing and identifying customer needs
- Must have a hard wired, high speed internet connection
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Ability to speak English and Spanish fluently
- Ability to navigate a computer while on the phone
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Ability to use or quickly adapt to CRM programs and other related computer programs
- Maintain a courteous and friendly disposition when interacting with customers irrespective of their temperament or mood
- Possess strong verbal communication skills including the ability to handle objections
- Build positive work relationship with customers to enhance the image and public perception of a company
- Goal-oriented with a focus on achieving sales objectives
- Competitive personality and self-motivation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum.
Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $18.17 to $32.26. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $20.00 to $35.53. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives