Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
What’s it like to work with us?
- We care, a lot. Our CEO spends substantial time regularly doing customer service, and many of our healthcare professionals and healthcare facility clients have her personal cell phone number.
- We are globally distributed. Just on the engineering team, we have folks from: the United States, Chile, Mongolia, Turkey, India, Ukraine, Indonesia, Brazil, Columbia and that’s just from folks who’ve joined us so far this year.
- We take our values seriously: our COO literally has a handmade Curiosity Initiative and Ownership sign on his wall (you’ll see it if you video call him).
- We have more engineers than we need on purpose. It makes us fast (many features go from idea to production in 2-4 weeks). It also allows small teams to see a problem, and just go fix it. A team went off and created a new SaaS product, another team rewrote a core service under a new architecture.
- We highly value being a workplace without any toes to be stepped on. See a problem? Go ahead and fix it, you don’t need permission.
About the Role:
Seeking accomplished Salesforce Administrator (with Salesforce Administrator (ADM-201) and Administration Essentials for Experienced Admins (ADM 211) certifications and 5+ years of Administrator experience).
- In this Salesforce Administrator role, you are given:
- Governance to expand an already developed enterprise-level Salesforce org
- Large technical initiatives that greatly impact the company’s ability to work at scale
- This role has six core functions:
- Salesforce Troubleshooting
- Maintaining and Improving Salesforce Org.
- Unearthing and Resolving Data Integrity Issues
- Business Analytics
- Internal Stakeholders Trainer
- Process Engineering
The Senior Salesforce Administrator should report weekly on Salesforce architectural changes and craft documents to propel large-scaled business process changes. Examples of quarterly OKR initiatives would relate to launching Salesforce Partdot, Einstein Bot, Einstein Analytics, or a new phone provider. This role requires the ability to work within time constraints, act with good judgment in complex situations, and be able to take effective action in ambiguous situations.
The Salesforce Administrator will oversee user management work, mass data manipulation, simple declarative changes, decreasing IT issue stakeholder reportings, and improving company-wide Salesforce training. They will also work to prevent future reoccurrence of most administrator maintenance items to keep pace with company growth.
- 3 years of experience with Sales Lightning and Service Cloud
- Einstein products experience
- SQL/ Tableau experience
- Python experience
- Expert in Validation Rules, Process Builder, and Flow
- Experience with Data Loader, Data Import Wizard, or similar
- Proficient in advanced Excel functions
- SF User Management experience (in terms of profiles, field-level permissions, user permission sets, role hierarchies, sharing rules, SF security settings)
- Expert in declarative development functions. Extra if experience in Developer Console, with APEX triggers, and Visualforce.
- ADM-201 and ADM-211 desired. Other Salesforce certifications are beneficial.
Why should you apply?
- We’re fully-remote
- We offer competitive market pay
- We are a Y Combinator-backed high-growth technology startup