School Information System Data Entry Specialist
Location: US National – Remote – Full-Time
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you’re part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
The Data Entry Specialist for the Implementation Team completes manual data entry projects for use in the FACTS School Information System (SIS) and in Microsoft Excel. This position also includes data entry projects for use in other FACTS internal software platforms. The Data Entry Specialist works with a high level of accuracy and compares data entered with original records to detect errors and correct data. The work is performed according to established methods, procedures and practices.
- Utilize the software implementation process to perform data entry projects.
- Perform time sensitive data entry projects using paper records or non-linear electronic records accurately and efficiently.
- Enter or correct demographic and academic information in various platforms provided by schools or from Data Conversion and assigned by members of the SIS Implementation Team.
- Work all projects with attention to detail and compare completed data entry work with original documents for accountability.
- Communicate and coordinate work efforts with the Implementation Team including answering questions, as well as providing clarification and timeline updates on projects.
- Communicate with customers to resolve issues with data.
- Can identify and explain discrepancies in data received in order to prevent transferring incorrect information into the SIS.
- Advise Implementation Team members of issues related to data concerns and follow all PII and documentation handling in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Contribute ideas and feedback during team meetings that add or enhance efficiencies to projects or processes within our business.
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in data entry.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILILTIES:
- Above average computer skills using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Capable of navigating corporate human resource and learning management software and websites.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time to complete multiple project deadlines daily.
- Above average proofreading, editing, and grammar skills.
- Capable of demonstrating professional etiquette in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work with confidential data in a responsible manner as defined by company policies.
- Follow all Work At Home Agreement bullets including providing a dedicated, safe, secure workspace free from distractions.
- Effectively work in a team environment interacting verbally or in person, as requested, with other employees.
- Flexible and willing to learn new tasks as requested.
- Flexible to accept any data entry project with instructions from team members and other departments.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program.