@ Twitch • Remote (United States)
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Our broadcasters are the backbone to the Twitch community. Your role will be an essential opportunity to scale our payouts for our broadcasters. Twitch is scaling its operations and your contributions will make a direct impact to our success. We are seeking an experienced individual with both a vision and drive for operational excellence, standardizing processes and implementing best practices. This role will report to the Manager – Platform Accounting. The ability to solve complex problems with a positive, “can-do” attitude is a must. Essential duties and responsibilities will evolve over time, and out the gate are:
This position can be located in Seattle, WA or remotely.
- Support month-end close related to content costs for the projects you own. This includes preparing journal entries, margin analytics, and flux analysis.
- Work with FP&A Finance and Revenue teams to assist with developing margin analytics for new products launching.
- Perform operating procedures and internal controls processes to be consistent with SOX.
- Help develop user requirements for new products impacting content creators. Perform and document testing for projects affecting content costs.
- Support process improvements and assist with exciting accounting transformation projects to achieve scalability and efficiency across processes and workflows.
- Work with product teams to identify and resolve upstream data issues.
- Work with the Eng team to pull data systematically via Mode or other data-lake tools.
- Take on ad-hoc requests and own projects in addition to your daily responsibilities.
- 4+ years of accounting or financial analyst experience at a quickly evolving company, tech and media & entertainment industry preferred.
- Accurate, detailed, and a love for data. Experience with Tableau, SQL and advanced spreadsheet skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets and perform complex functions) and unphased by large datasets.
- Ability to think strategically, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Thrive in ambiguity, adept at change management, and can adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Can identify and focus work on high risk areas, prioritize, and resolve issues.
- Curious and enthusiastic – not afraid to ask probing questions and challenge existing processes, to improve processes and own projects, automate manual workflows, and to have fun while doing it all.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Business major from an accredited college or university.
- Systems knowledge of Mode, NetSuite, and SAP.
- A CPA license, Big Four public accounting firm experience.
- System implementation and integrations.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut and Washington is $82,800 – $101,200 yr and in New York City is $91,080 – $111,320 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch’s internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation