Senior Administrative Coordinator
Location: United States
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you’re ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let’s talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let’s talk about smart, motivated teams. Let’s talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We’re doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Let’s face it, no industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to move health care forward than UnitedHealth Group. We’re out to use data, technology and people in ways that help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive. Take this opportunity to work with a Fortune 6 industry leader.
Part of the challenge here is dealing positively with members and providers in sometimes challenging circumstances. As a subject matter expert, you’ll also be the go-to resource for information. The flexibility to work evening hours will also be required.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for other team members
- Manage the intake of members or the admission/discharge information post notification
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities and the clinical team to manage requests for services
- Manage the referral process, processing incoming and outgoing referrals and prior authorizations, including intake, notification and census roles
- Resolve inquiries from members and/or providers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 1+ years of experience working in the health care industry
- 1+ years of experience working with medical terminology
- Experience working with health care insurance
- Experience in a hospital, physician’s office or medical clinic setting
- Clerical or administrative support background or experience working in a call center environment
- Experience working with Medicare and/or Medicaid Services
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $17.12 $30.34. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $18.80 $33.41. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.