Senior Analyst – Finance Operations – 12 month fixed-term
One platform, a whole world of opportunity
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don’t need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:
Created a fully-distributed, vibrant team of 500+ employees across 60+ countries
Established a diverse leadership team and an employee base that’s 60% female
Achieved one of the highest employee engagement scores in its class
Raised $150 million in Series C funding at a valuation of over $1 billion!
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employmentand we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever. To create the best experience for our new hire (you?!) this role does require that you are based within +5 / -5 UTC.
This position is responsible for the monthly Indirect Pay business unit cost analysis, controlling and reporting. The candidate will play a key role in the decision-making process by offering extensive support in matters relating to EoR bills validation, reconciliations, fees and deposits control.
We are looking for a candidate with strong Finance Operations experience in a global, complex and fast-moving and high-growth environment. The candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the improvement and automation of the process and lead internal or cross-functional projects.
What you’ll do
- Prepare timely and accurate detailed gross margin analysis and reconciliations/ bills validation for the Indirect Pay business unit
- Support Vendor Management team on finance matters (e.g. negotiations about billing, exchange rates, due dates, vendor issue resolution activities etc.)
- Analyze financial data and issue recommendations about the operational activities in order to improve efficiency and profitability
- Perform scenario analysis activities to support the decision making process
- Support month end closing and accruals activities in line with the compliance principles and legal standards
- Constantly improve the process and act as a key contributor to automation initiatives for the reporting/reconciliation process
- Perform ad-hoc analysis
- Implement business intelligence dashboards for Finance Operations reports
- Constantly seek deep understanding of the business and keep the pace with updates in a dynamic environment
- Lead the internal projects and actively participate in the cross-functional projects
- Build and sustain a strong working relationship with the internal stakeholders
What we’re looking for
- At least 5 years of Finance Operations (including Financial Reporting, FP&A, Data Analytics, Financial Analysis, Financial Controlling)
- Master in Google Doc/MS Office applications (Google Sheets/Excel-advanced) and business intelligence tools
- Clear and concise communicator; both orally and in writing
- Detail-oriented and highly organized working methods
- Accounting or accounting-equivalent qualification-prefered (eg. ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
- Payroll experience is a plus
- Project management experience is a plus
- Experience in building financial automation (i.e. integrations between critical finance/data systems) is a plus
- Experience in implementing/operating ERP solutions (Netsuite is a plus)
- Fundamental finance experience such as exposure to audit, transaction services, management accounting is valued
You’ll also need…
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language skills
How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. We build trust. We thrive together.
Our mission is to create a more equal worldone global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our missionand that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative workand we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
How YOU work
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you’re authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: $3000 stipend to spend on your laptop and any other equipment you need for your home office; we’ll get you up and running in no time!
The best jobs should be available to everyone
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.