Senior Backend Engineer – Handheld
NYC OR REMOTE
ENGINEERING – CUSTOMER INTELLIGENCE + FOH
The Customer Intelligence + FOH organization within Olo is passionate about reimagining the restaurant experience by bringing everything a restaurant knows about each customer to every interaction and business decision.
Handheld POS is the newest product that we are spinning up. It will be at the core of our product suite and help bring powerful customer intelligence to operations, marketing, guest sentiment, and more. We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to join this creative team.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering for the Customer Intelligence + FOH team, you will architect and develop essential systems and features with a focus on highly scalable backends for our Handheld Application, including a real time syncing engine with low latency.
If you are passionate about high impact products, comfortable working solo or collaboratively to accomplish projects, and excel in a high ownership environment while taking large projects from spec to ship, this may be the perfect role for you.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center.
What You’ll Do
- Build critical Handheld features and infrastructure
- Spec projects based on product requirements and design mocks
- Translate spec to technical tickets
- Write, QA, and ship code to production
- Deeply impact our technology and team
- Review fellow team member’s work via code review and RFCs
- Co-create architecture and specs for other projects
What We’ll Expect From You
- 6+ years experience
- You are a proven backend engineer building scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services
- You have knowledge of a backend stack like Node.js, Redis, or similar
- You have experience handling heavy load and architecting/developing features at scale
- You are proficient in API development and micro services architecture
- You are opinionated about how things should be built and will be a key member of a growing Product and Engineering team
- Lover of food and restaurants
- Frameworks: Vue, Node
- Datastores: PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- Deployment: Kubernetes, Helm
Olo is a leading on-demand commerce platform powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation. Millions of orders per day run on Olo’s enterprise SaaS engine, enabling brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations. The Olo platform provides the infrastructure to capture demand and manage consumer orders from every channel. With integrations to over 100 technology partners, Olo customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. Over 500 restaurant brands use Olo to grow digital sales, maximize profitability, and preserve direct consumer relationships. Learn more at olo.com.
Olo’s headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like team events. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!