Title: Senior Billing Representative – National Remote
Location: United States
Job Category: Customer Service and Claims
Job Type: Full-time
Travel Percentage: -1
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am 5:00pm.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Review open Copay Assistance AR and prioritize billing and collection activities
- Develop relationships with payers to obtain remits and resolve root causes
- Assure that timely and accurate follow up activity is performed on all invoices that are not paid within 45 days of submission.
- Responsible for review and documenting of key accounts.
- Identify issues/trends and escalate to Supervisor / Manager when assistance is needed.
- Identify and document bad debt write-offs and A/R adjustments.
- Identifies any overpayments and/or duplicate payments, with investigation and resolution. Create refund requests, in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensures secondary claims are accurately generated and submitted on a timely basis.
- Evaluates payments/denials received for correctness and ensures they are applied appropriately.
- Provide exceptional Customer service to internal and external customers.
- Work with offshore partners to ensure that exceptions are being resolved within the designated standard
- Develop relationships with other departments to provide feedback about root cause issues
- Adhere to Regulatory / Payer Guidelines and policies & procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 4+ years of experience working with medical billing /medical collections, and/or A/R
- 2+ years of experience working in Microsoft office, specifically Microsoft Excel (create and edit spreadsheets), Outlook (compose and respond to email), and Word (creating, editing, saving, formatting)
- Ability to read and interpret EOBs (remittance advice)
- Ability to work full-time between 8:00am 5:00pm including the flexibility to work occasional overtime given the business need
- Infusion Pharmacy experience
- Knowledge of NDC, ICD-10, and HIPAA
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $18.17 – $32.26. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $20.00 – $35.53. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.