Senior Central Billing Office Specialist – REMOTE
locations: Remote / Work From Home
time type: Full time
job requisition id: J201116
Company: Allegheny Health Network
Serves as staff leader and technical expert for revenue cycle functions by identifying training needs, resolving work flow issues, operational and technical problems, monitoring daily work flow, and reassigning work as necessary to maintain appropriate levels of productivity. Contributes to revenue cycle by facilitating meeting goals for cash collection, internal and external compliance, customer confidence, and patient satisfaction.
- Accurately and completely produces, processes, collects, and/or posts transactions or other designated functions in a timely manner with minimal direction from management. Maintains competency, meets work standards, and maintains proficiency to perform all daily transactions and functions.
- Assists in leading and openly supporting management in all departmental and organizational initiatives to achieve departmental and cash goals. Completes special projects timely and accurately.
- Shares expertise with staff, coordinates onboarding, and conducts education and training. Serves as mentor and primary source for staff related to all operational inquiries and barriers, provides daily instructions and tasks as applicable.
- Ensures that billing, follow up and collection policies, procedures and guidelines are accurate, accessible and communicated to the staff.
- Proactively identifies, communicates, quantifies, and monitors account detail or workflow processes for barriers in work environment. Recommends process improvements or courses of action for problem resolution to management. Quantifies or trends issues that recur in order that management may correct issues from point of origin, and assists with implementation of such measures.
- Cooperates with and maintains excellent working relationships with patients, fellow staff from PFS, WPAHS, and designated external agencies or vendors. Performs any written or verbal communication necessary to exchange information with designated contacts and promote working relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Health care experience of 5+ years or associates degree + 3 years
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform liaison function with internal departments and external agencies or departments
- Experience operating PC and using software applications
- Billing certification, Associate’s Degree or completion of college level coursework
- Working knowledge of financial procedures, healthcare/third party regulations, and/or billing requirements