Title: Senior Cloud Security Engineer, Azure
Location: Remote, US
The Senior Cloud Security Engineer will collaborate with multiple engineering and security teams to ensure the highest security standards are developed, applied, and maintained for all Tanium products and services deployed in the cloud. To achieve this goal, the Senior Cloud Security Engineer will review and collaborate on secure designs, contribute changes to our infrastructure-as-code by implementing security controls as necessary, develop and cultivate threat models and countermeasures or compensating controls, and help with designing and building new tools to improve our security posture. As such, Senior Cloud Security Engineers are expected to stay abreast with emerging cloud technologies and their Azure Cloud implementations, as well as their impact on the security landscape.
We are looking for individuals with a passion for security, technology, and innovation. Individuals should be champions of security who are eager to work on a collaborative team to drive change, create security tools and services, and to solve problems.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, document, and maintain security and compliance architecture standards for cloud
- Ensure implementation of security and compliance requirements are met and maintained
- Implement, review, and maintain strong access controls and identity roles within Azure IAM
- Provide technical expertise on trends and emerging changes to Azure cloud security landscape
- Develop Infrastructure as Code for Azure that enforces security best practices and compliance
- Implementing and securing cloud native infrastructures such as Kubernetes
- Implement continuous monitoring of Azure resources
- Develop and execute strategies to increase cloud security knowledge throughout the enterprise
- Identify opportunities for improvement of the security of our cloud infrastructure and services
- Implement proof-of-concept security tool kits to monitor and protect cloud infrastructure and services
- Collaborate with the Detection and Response team to operationalize newly developed security capabilities
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or other relevant degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience working in security focused roles (7+ preferred)
- 3+ years of Azure experience (5+ preferred)
- Expert knowledge of Azure architecture, security, and services
- Experience leading design and security reviews of cloud-based systems
- Experience with modern software development and automation tools like Git and Jenkins
- Experience with infrastructure as code technologies (Terraform, Pulumi etc.)
- Experience in at least one modern programming language (e.g., Python, Go, JS, C#, etc.)
- Experience with implementation of multi-tenant cloud environments
- Experience in serverless compute such as Azure Functions, setting up multitenant AKS etc.
- Experience creating and maintaining threat models
- Strong understanding of networking basics, including TCP/IP and layer 7 protocols
- Solid understanding of modern attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Knowledge on Azure security detection and response is desirable
Tanium is the platform that the most demanding and complex organizations trust to gain visibility and control across all endpoints in on-premises, cloud and hybrid environments. Tanium addresses today’s increasing IT challenges with high fidelity endpoint data giving IT operations, security and risk teams confidence to quickly manage, secure and protect their networks at scale. Nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces trust Tanium to help see and control every endpoint, everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for six consecutive years and ranks on FORTUNE’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology 2021. Visit and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, the health and safety of our employees and the community are our top priority. In our effort to control the spread of Covid-19, Tanium requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as of their start date, to the extent allowed by applicable law. If you are unable to get the Covid-19 vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief, Tanium will engage in the interactive process and consider requests for an accommodation.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.