Sr Combat Designer
- Remote US Or Canada, US – Remote OK
Something Wicked Games is a new studio founded by creative and leadership talent behind some of the world’s best role-playing games including Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and The Outer Worlds. We create moving, impactful games in a collaborative, creatively autonomous environment.
Something Wicked Games is currently developing Wyrdsong, a preternatural RPG set in a semi-historical Middle Ages Portugal. We are a full remote studio looking for team members who are adventurous, confident, and purposeful.
We are seeking a Senior Combat Designer to join our team. This role will fundamentally shape our core game experiences.
- Work closely with design leadership to design the moment-to-moment combat of the game
- Write detailed design documents that can clearly communicate design goals and functionality
- Propose, prototype, and iterate on combat and related systems
- Collaborate with other departments to execute, iterate, and balance combat
- 5+ years of experience in Game Design
- At least one shipped title as a Combat Designer
- Development experience on role playing games or action games
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- A passion for video games with knowledge of systems and mechanics from current game titles
- Experience delivering in all stages of product development
- Highly self-motivated and self-sufficient
Something Wicked Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special, that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.