Senior Copywriter, Slack
Slack is on a mission to make working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We’re hiring a Senior Copywriter to help us tell the world about our brand through thoughtfully crafted content and engaging experiences. You’ll join a dynamic group of writers, designers and artists on our creative team to build awareness of the Slack brand, elevate our messaging through innovative concepts, and make our product benefits enticing and easy to understand.
Our copy team writes to make Slack feel delightful. We appreciate writers who think deeply, write (and speak) clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. You’ll partner with designers, creative operations, motion designers and marketers across multiple diverse projects to help strengthen narrative and drive results. The ideal candidate for this role is self-motivated, willing to help out on any project, and is excited about collaborating and learning from the other talented team members.
Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
What you’ll do:
- Tell bold, emotional stories about Slack—our product, our customers and our initiatives.
- Connect the narrative across a large, integrated marketing program, with a focus on writing scripted materials.
- Concept and execute brand campaigns and communications for video, radio, events, print, web, digital displays and more.
- Learn, maintain and develop the voice of Slack in collaboration with others.
- Be a partner to outside vendors and agencies, elevating the creative while championing the Slack voice and tone.
- Bring a strong point of view and rationale for creative decisions. Recommend the best path forward based on your expertise.
- Take ownership of projects and actively encourage team participation. Be a leader and a mentor.
- Prioritize your work and communicate those priorities to the many people who will want you to help them. Manage your time well.
- Be a sharp copy editor for your own writing, and for others.
- Humanize the technical. Avoid jargon always.
- Find just the right word. And the right emoji. But never replace the former with the latter.
What you should have:
- A portfolio of your work. Ideally it includes a mix of brand marketing, advertising and product marketing projects, with examples of large, complex initiatives.
- 7+ years of copywriting experience in tech, at an agency, or both.
- An understanding of Slack, its voice and its users.
- A proactive approach to work, including process, organization and communication.
- A desire to collaborate with other creative team members to do the best work of your life.
- Ability to handle big projects with lots of moving parts, all with an uncanny attention to detail.
- Experience with internationalization is a plus.
- Perspicuity in all things.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $128,000. You may also be entitled to receive bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce, Inc. or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.