Title: Senior Data Scientist
Location: Columbus Ohio United States
Our preference would be to have a chosen candidate with onsite capabilities in one of our corporate headquarters, however we are open to remote employment within the United States for the ideal candidate.
Category: Data Analytics, Marketing, Digital Experience, and Communications, Technology
The Senior Data Scientist will belong to an Advanced Analytics team that provides analytical services to partners across all Consumer Bank lines of business. This high performing team works with our partners to implement a wide range of services including but not limited to modeling and predictive analytics, data engineering and querying, data visualization and dashboard development, measurement, customer segmentation and targeting, process improvement, optimization, and automation. Common objectives are to understand and elevate the end-to-end customer experience, increase profitability, provide insights, support digitization, identify pain points, and optimize business functions.
The exact nature of the work depends on the partnership requests we receive, and the ideal candidate should be comfortable thinking creatively to apply their analytical skills to a wide range of financial and banking needs.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Partnering with stakeholders to understand key objectives and business requirements
- Ability to assess available data to extract relevant insights and to develop implementable solutions for our partners
- Document and communicate analytical results to both technical and non-technical audiences, often within an Agile working structure
- Collaborate with data scientists and analysts on our team to brainstorm solutions, provide project updates, and share ideas
- 5+ years of analytical experience in either a consulting-type or cross-functional team capacity; experience in financial or banking services preferred
- 5+ years of experience in SAS and/or related programming languages (SQL, R, Python, etc)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required with an ability to successfully communicate analytic results, business insights and resulting business implications to non-technical business partners
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with colleagues who have a background in statistics, database development/maintenance, and information technology
- Experience working on Agile teams preferred but not required
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Master’s Degree in Statistics/Mathematics/Physics/Computer Science preferred