Sr. Director Pharmacy Product Management
Remote – Alabama
Remote – Maryland
Remote – Maine
Remote – Louisiana
Remote – Kentucky
Remote – Kansas
Remote – Iowa
Remote – Indiana
Remote – Wyoming
Remote – Oregon
Remote – Wisconsin
Remote – New Hampshire
Remote – Nevada
Remote – West Virginia
Remote – Nebraska
Remote – Washington
Remote – Montana
Remote – Virginia
Remote – Missouri
Remote – Vermont
Remote – Mississippi
Remote – Utah
Remote – Minnesota
Remote – Texas
Remote – Ohio
Remote – Tennessee
Remote – Michigan
Remote – Massachusetts
Remote – South Dakota
Remote – South Carolina
Remote – North Dakota
Remote – Rhode Island
Remote – North Carolina
Remote – Pennsylvania
Remote – New York
Remote – New Mexico
Remote – New Jersey
Remote – Illinois
Remote – Idaho
Remote – Georgia
Remote – Florida
Remote – Delaware
Remote – DC
Remote – Connecticut
Remote – Oklahoma
Remote – California
Remote – Arkansas
Remote – Arizona
Job Requisition Id: R29006
Sr. Director Pharmacy Product Management
Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
Sr. Director, Pharmacy Product Management
The Senior Director, Product Management has ownership of a portfolio of products and is accountable for the strategic direction of portfolio and ongoing management for profitability. This position demonstrates an understanding of synergies across the portfolio and how to meet market needs and continue to drive growth by understanding and evaluating enterprise-wide assets to improve our competitive position and drive customer value. The Senior Director, Product Management considers internal and external dynamics when developing recommendations and strategies; critically evaluates information and recommends what should or shouldn’t proceed; and demonstrates systems thinking and can readily identify downstream impacts of decisions and proactively construe alternatives.
The Senior Director, Product Management provides leadership, management, coaching and/or mentoring to others, is an Industry thought leader and practicing subject matter expert. In addition, this role is regularly accountable for the performance of and results through others.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Ability to initially lead the product vision for new SaaS based Pharmacy Software and Marketplace development teams and serve as the executive sponsor. This will including defining the vision, looking at competitive pressures, aligning to customer desires, working with vendor integration partners, and envisioning new enrollment concepts while working in an agile environment to deliver product as agreed upon by senior pharmacy network business leaders.
- Evaluates synergies across the enterprise to maintain a healthy product portfolio that is aligned with the business strategy; Considers partnerships with others for a more comprehensive solution
- Vision is forward thinking and based not only on current data but the interpretation of trends and predictive analyses; Considers portfolio adjacencies and impacts of decisions across portfolio and business
- Ensures all operational elements of a product are understood and designed to meet product specifications; Documents product operations from product vision to executional expectations in a manner that facilitates rapid implementation and product launches; Validates the high-level vision with the marketplace
- Directs market insights and competitive analysis; Analyzes competitor business strategy (e.g., how their strategy is evolving, potential acquisitions and/or partnerships, products in the pipeline) and understands potential impact; Reviews analyses and makes decisions as to impact on the product
- Accountable for product performance and quality standards that directly impact financial performance; Evaluates financial analyses, predicts impact of internal and external events on financial performance; assesses risk and decides a course of action; Determines how best to leverage portfolio; Connects financial targets to long-term strategy in portfolio planning
- Leads capital requirement assessment; Anticipates product needs per long term product plans; Accountable for product performance as indicated in capital plan
- Develops processes that allow for changes and incorporate new learnings; Provides high-level requirements that clearly state the intent/goal and helps team to understand the guardrails; Approves finalized requirement documents
- Provides leadership, management, coaching and/or mentoring to others; accountable for the performance of and results through others
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 12 years broad and deep product/project management experience
- 5 years supervising Project/Product Management teams and directing people and other resources to achieve specific end results within limited timeframes
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
What are the critical skills needed?
- RCM Managed Service or Tech Enabled Service experience preferred
- Experience working in a matrixed environment preferred
- Design Thinking experience/certification preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Jira, Confluence, and other product management suites preferred.
- Ability to manage the outcome in an agile environment to produce the vision as agreed upon by the collaborative core team and senior pharmacy network business unit leadership.
- Ability to collaborate, clearly communicate, and evaluate input from all Change Healthcare stakeholders as well as external customers to derive, explore, define, and translate opportunities into elements of the PDLC process.
- Ability and flexibility to work in tandem with peer Product Directors as business focus evolves.
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities, transition responsibilities, and drive initiatives in an agile development world.
- Ability to think broadly and from many perspectives
- Ability to clearly present agreed upon strategic direction to executive leadership, core teams, and parallel teams in the Pharmacy Network Business Unit.
- Ability to serve as a subject matter expert on the developed solutions with current and prospective customers.
How much should I expect to travel?
- Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement
Diversity and Inclusion:
- At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and, when job-related and consistent with business necessity, we may require periodic testing for certain roles. Some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Careers Transforming the Healthcare System
Who is Change Healthcare? We are a leading technology company inspiring a better healthcare system. Through innovative technology solutions like cutting-edge cloud technology, artificial intelligence, and data insights, we drive better patient outcomes, reduce costs, and create value for our partners.
Positive Impact and Shared Purpose. Through visionary leadership and a culture of collaboration, we share a common purpose to positively impact our communities by creating a stronger, better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system.
Employee Experience, Cultural Values, and Total Rewards. We celebrate diversity and earn trust with our employees by promoting innovation at every level within the organization. Our teams are agile, and their work is fast paced and engaging. We’re committed to providing competitive compensation that rewards and recognizes performance, offer well-being programs that empower your overall health, and provide learning and development opportunities to accelerate your professional growth.
Find Your Path. Whether you’re ready to make an impact in technology and product innovation or support our mission to inspire a better healthcare system in a variety of career areas, find your path and accelerate your career. What are you waiting for?