Title: Senior Editor – Remote
Location: US National
Sharecare is the leading digital health company that helps people — no matter where they are in their health journey — unify and manage all their health in one place. Our comprehensive and data-driven virtual health platform is designed to help people, providers, employers, health plans, government organizations, and communities optimize individual and population-wide well-being by driving positive behavior change. Driven by our philosophy that we are all together better, at Sharecare, we are committed to supporting each individual through the lens of their personal health and making high-quality care more accessible and affordable for everyone.
Sharecare is looking for a Senior Editor to join our content team, someone with advanced skills in medical editing, writing, and fact-checking, as well as a track record of executing compelling consumer-facing evidenced-based health and lifestyle content.
The Senior Editor is responsible for strategizing, ideating and producing digital health content in a variety of formats that meets the highest standards in terms of accuracy, credibility and engagement. In this role, the editor will work closely with other writers, editors, designers as well as our social and audience development team members to ensure our content is streamlined and promoted effectively across all channels.
Essential Job Functions:
* Lead and oversee the planning and creation of compelling health and medical editorial and branded content for Sharecare
* Execute the 360 editorial process — brainstorming, writing, editing, assigning, fact-checking, proofreading and live QA checks.
* Collaborate with social, video, newsletter, medical review, clinical, and data research teams to execute specific projects
* Analyze and leverage data to drive editorial decisions and directions
* CMS or other web-publishing platform experience
Specific Skills/ Attributes:
* Excellent, rigorous health and medical editorial expertise
* Patience, flexibility, and agility; a deep commitment to collaboration
* Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
* Must have excellent time management and communication skills
* Rigorous attention to detail
* Strategic thinking and ability to adapt to change
* A bachelor’s degree in journalism, media or a related field
* 5+ years of journalism or media experience with demonstrable experience with health, lifestyle, or service journalism
* A deep understanding of digital content
* A self-starter who can lead without daily oversight
* Excellent copywriting, copyediting, and style guide skills
* A proven track record of creating and successfully implementing editorial plans
* Solid working knowledge of trends in health, healthcare, and digital publishing
* An eagle-eyed, relentless approach to editing
* Excellent verbal and written skills
150 Varick St, New York, New York 10013
255 E Paces Ferry Rd Suite 700, Atlanta, Georgia 30305
Remote, United States