Senior Events Manager
Alpharetta – Windward Pkwy
Remote – Alaska
Remote – Alabama
Remote – Maryland
Remote – Maine
Remote – Louisiana
Remote – Kentucky
Remote – Kansas
Remote – Iowa
Remote – Indiana
Remote – Wyoming
Remote – Oregon
Remote – Wisconsin
Remote – New Hampshire
Remote – Nevada
Remote – West Virginia
Remote – Nebraska
Remote – Washington
Remote – Montana
Remote – Virginia
Remote – Missouri
Remote – Vermont
Remote – Mississippi
Remote – Utah
Remote – Minnesota
Remote – Texas
Remote – Ohio
Remote – Tennessee
Remote – Massachusetts
Remote – South Dakota
Remote – South Carolina
Remote – North Dakota
Remote – Rhode Island
Remote – North Carolina
Remote – Pennsylvania
Remote – New York
Remote – New Mexico
Remote – New Jersey
Remote – Illinois
Remote – Idaho
Remote – Hawaii
Remote – Florida
Remote – Delaware
Remote – DC
Remote – Connecticut
Remote – Oklahoma
Remote – California
Remote – Arkansas
Remote – Arizona
Job Requisition Id: R28877
Senior Events Manager
Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
The Events team sits in the Marketing organization and is high functioning, has high visibility and partners across multiple stakeholders including C-Suite throughout the company
We manage a wide variety of events and there is opportunity to showcase skillsets, learn how the corporate environment and the post-covid environment is shaping the events industry and the healthcare industry.
Our collaboration and one voice when partnering with multiple stakeholder groups truly sets us apart from other organizations.
Overview of Position
This role is responsible for managing the events planning process for all assigned events and providing input/insights as an SME in either internal, external, and/or virtual events management. The person will liaise directly with stakeholders throughout the company to ensure processes and deadlines as well as goals and objectives are established and met throughout the planning and executing process.
The role is responsible for maintaining event budgets, completing project management tasks and alerting management of issues and concerns in the planning of all events. The person will have opportunities to streamline processes and optimize ways to deliver flawless events for our internal and external customers as well as to serve as an informal mentor to other event planners on the team.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Lead the planning and execution of enterprise-wide, complex events, tradeshows and strategic sponsorships and activate cross-functional resources throughout the planning process.
- Develop and deliver project plans and timelines for each event incorporating deadlines and requirements across teams.
- Work directly with department leadership and cross functional stakeholders to develop processes that adhere to company compliance rules, guidelines and brand standards.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with internal senior management stakeholders (e.g., senior management, ELT) and understand business strategies and client needs to deliver event/tradeshow/conferences that meet and exceed expectations and are delivered on budget.
- Assess current strategy to determine its effectiveness relative to desired business objectives and identify tools, processes, and influencers to streamline the planning and execution processes.
- Resolve conflicts and devise contingency plans, communicate decisions, deadlines and direction throughout the project to key stakeholders and team members.
- Negotiate and manage the event/tradeshow supplier agreements.
- Develop and maintain detailed budget based on approved budget for each event/tradeshow.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 10+ years of progressive experience with events and tradeshow planning of varying sizes and complexity.
- Experience working in Cvent (registration, budget management, supplier network) or other events management/project management tools.
- Must be able to demonstrate Excel and PowerPoint advanced skills
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to juggle many events at the same time of varying complexity and to a wide variety of audiences (internal, external, executive)
- Must be adept at Excel – maintaining spreadsheets, pivot tables, budget management, database lists. Must have an equal skillset with PowerPoint for building playbooks, presentations for a wide variety of stakeholder groups.
- What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Proven ability to read, edit, negotiate, and interpret contractual documentation, including the ability to manage performance to contracts and agreements.
- Industry certifications such as the CMP(Certified Meetings Professional), VEMM(Virtual Events and Meetings Management Certificate) or HMCC(Healthcare Meetings Compliance Certificate) would be ideal
How much should I expect to travel?
- Approximately 25%(When there are events)
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs.
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and, when job-related and consistent with business necessity, we may require periodic testing for certain roles. Some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Careers Transforming the Healthcare System
Who is Change Healthcare? We are a leading technology company inspiring a better healthcare system. Through innovative technology solutions like cutting-edge cloud technology, artificial intelligence, and data insights, we drive better patient outcomes, reduce costs, and create value for our partners.
Positive Impact and Shared Purpose. Through visionary leadership and a culture of collaboration, we share a common purpose to positively impact our communities by creating a stronger, better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system.
Employee Experience, Cultural Values, and Total Rewards. We celebrate diversity and earn trust with our employees by promoting innovation at every level within the organization. Our teams are agile, and their work is fast paced and engaging. We’re committed to providing competitive compensation that rewards and recognizes performance, offer well-being programs that empower your overall health, and provide learning and development opportunities to accelerate your professional growth.
Find Your Path. Whether you’re ready to make an impact in technology and product innovation or support our mission to inspire a better healthcare system in a variety of career areas, find your path and accelerate your career. What are you waiting for?