Senior Executive Assistant
US – California – Thousand Oaks
US – Rhode Island – Providence
US – Kentucky – Louisville/Jefferson County
US – Nevada – Las Vegas
US – California – Los Angeles
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patients drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Executive Assistant
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for providing senior level administrative support and partnership to the Vice President of External Supply.
The External Supply organization is a dynamic and diverse organization spread across the globe requiring agility and responsiveness to a variety of cultures and geographical needs. We operate as one team!
Administrative work assignments will involve interactions with a wide range of leadership across Amgen and with high level, international executives both internal and external to Amgen. The Senior Executive Assistant will coordinate other administrative support for the External Supply organization to drive a collaborative teamwork environment and cross site engagement.
Remote working is possible across the entire US as long as the candidate can work on a primarily west coast schedule
- Orchestrating executive’s calendar with a focus on efficient time utilization and time conflict management, ensuring the VP is appropriately represented at all forums
- Leading and/or handling initiatives and programs from the VP office as needed
- When needed, will serve as a backup to the Senior Executive Associate for the Senior Vice President of Manufacturing
- Maintaining distribution lists and may be called upon to support External Supply wide communications
- Answer questions/furnish information to keep the executive’s time free of minor detail work, including screening and advising incoming meeting invitations, calls, and correspondence
- Plan and coordinate work to ensure the executive has appropriate time to perform their duties and to be present on time and prepared for their commitments
- Prepare the VP with pre-read and briefing documents in advance of daily meetings
- Coordinate arrangements for and complete key tasks to successfully run a variety of global business meetings using the latest virtual and digital technologies
- Conserve the VP’s time by acting as a delegate within some of Amgen’s systems and processes as allowed by delegation requirements, as well as initiating calls and teleconferences
- Maintain a keen awareness of and sensitivity to global time zones, as the team is comprised of many international staff members
- Schedule, coordinate, and track events related to the VP External Supply office
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements amidst dynamic business requirements
- Preparation and processing of expense reports
- Setting up of interviews, as needed
- Proficiency in all current Amgen technologies and platforms
- Prioritize in an agile, evolving environment
- Maintain a steadfast level of confidentiality and integrity with all information that flows through the role
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The organized professional we seek is a collaborative partner with these qualifications.
- High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Executive Administrative experience OR
- Associate’s Degree and 4 years of Executive Administrative experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years of administrative experience, with 5+ of those years supporting a senior executive level leader
- Amgen experience
- Solid knowledge of computer software (Workday, Concur, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), and excellent phone etiquette
- Good judgment, creativity, flexibility and initiative in resolving issues; strong abilities in prioritizing, handling multiple tasks, tracking and reporting the status of assignments and activities, and resolving problems with limited oversight; demonstrated ability to mentor peers
- Proactive thinking and anticipation of business needs and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to manage a multitude of tasks, and comprehend the subject matter of each task
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain professional relationships, partner with colleagues, and achieve required business outcomes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize projects of greater importance
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Excellent Team player
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor